Gibraltar Week 1 Challenge

by Plaguelight

Original Post

Gibraltar Week 1 Challenge

★★★★★ Newbie

Has anyone else done this challenge and NOT got the credit for it? It was just me and the other person in the bombardment zone, no one else shooting or anywhere near us, and I got the kill confirmation on screen as the bombardment killed them.

Is this a bug? Is there someone I need to contact about this?

Message 1 of 7 (579 Views)

Re: Gibraltar Week 1 Challenge

★★ Expert

Not everyone has the same weekly or daily challenges, they're all random pretty much. They've also recently started counting damage on downed targets as actual damage, rather than it not counting, so you may have to down someone then throw the bombardment down on top of them. If you down someone with the bombardment, you might also have to rush over and kill them off with your primary in order for it to count towards your progress. 

It might also just be a one off thing where your progress didn't count. 

Message 2 of 7 (536 Views)

★★★★ Guide

really? i thought weekly quests were all the same for everyone

Message 3 of 7 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That's the thing, though! I downed them on my own, threw the bombardment on top of them, and watched with a metaphorical cigar in my mouth as the "ELIMINATED" popped up on my screen to indicate that they, in fact, died to it.

It was one of the few times I survived long enough as Gib to even get my bombardment off, so it's very, VERY disheartening to not get the credit for it, when I may not get another setup for that attempt. 6k XP down the drain...

Message 4 of 7 (519 Views)

★★ Expert

@Plaguelight You might have to try the other way then, where you down someone with the bombardment and then finish them off with your primary. Usually I skip that quest simply because it's way too easy to get out of Gibby ult (as long as the audio and visual cue plays, the only times I've been hit by Gibby ulti are when those don't play). 

@NaRnIaaa Yeah, everyone's got randomized dailies and weeklies for the most part, one time I asked a friend how they got their "Deal X damage with Bangalore Ulti" challenge done when it was one of my weeklies, and they didn't know what I was talking about. Pro tip, that quest doesn't care about who it's damaging, just that you deal damage with Bangalore's ulti. Throw it down, set yourself in between the AoE of two missiles, then run to a third once the first one explodes. 

Message 5 of 7 (489 Views)

Champion
@Plaguelight If you downed them with a gun and then finished them with the bombardment it probably doesnt work. Needs to be the other way around.
Message 6 of 7 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

*down them with bombardment*

I had this problem last season...

Was so relieved when i saw that eliminated, just to realise it never counted! Even screenshot it to be like why isn't this registering?!

There came a point i kinda realised... i was downing people then killing them. So counts as a gun death.

You need to down them with the bombardment.

(Just a heads up incase you were making this easy to make mistake!)

Message 7 of 7 (465 Views)