Gibraltar Hitbox

by ConneD

Original Post

Gibraltar Hitbox

★★★ Novice

I love playing Gibraltar in the game but now i have stopped playing him unless the hit box around his head or around it will be smaller.

My thought of Gibraltar was that, that he was the same as other legends, but i have come to notice that when i play him i always stay back of fights or go last in (should not be for a front liner legend).

Instead of Gibraltar who was the hero i first picked to play the game i rather go as Lifeline or Wraith as the can play more aggressively and  i can feel they can be take alot more shoots than Gibraltar.

I like playing tank legends so my buy was Caustic, but i have stopped playing him to because he feels so under powered as Gibraltar.

Always when i go into close range duel with those to tanks i get slaughtered because of the hit box is so huge and that makes these legends so boring to play.

Like now if im engaging a group and i see Gibraltar, hes always the first one i go for and the head shoots and the big damage fill my screen. This makes these legends so under powered and so mutch junk you can just remove them from the game.

You can barely see players above levels 20 play these legends anymore. so please fix this, because on a tank/frontliner you should not feel so mutch underpowered.

Thx and hope you do something about this.

Message 1 of 13 (1,064 Views)

Re: Gibraltar Hitbox

★★★★★ Novice

Have had multiple people leave my games stating that they're not gonna waste their time playing with bad players/legends.

Message 2 of 13 (1,033 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I find Gibraltar extremely annoying in everything he does, from the corny one liners to body gestures, the less people play him the happier i will be. . .
Message 3 of 13 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you aim down sight you get a shield that covers a huge portion of your body #justsaying.

In addition he has one of the best ultimate in game. His L1 is also great for close range and long. You are untouchable at long range and close you can skip in and out of the shield and hit enemies rushing it using the shield both inside and out.

Gibralter is a great character.  Hit box isn't the most important thing in game.

Message 4 of 13 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well long range in this game is almost useless because you give the enemy team revives.. This game is all about going in and try to box all the enemy squad.

So the Gibraltar passive is realy a junk to because you have to start aiming 1.5s befor going into a house.

This game is running in, aim right away at enemy if seen, stop aiming after 1.5s, recover or go all inn. So in this game the passive is useless unless they make it instant.

Message 5 of 13 (973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

His ultimate is one of the best in the game, I have downed 2/3 of a squad many times using it. The issue with him is he's * fat and hitbox is everything when you build a game based mainly around gunplay instead of heroes abilities.

Hopefully they fix his hitbox with the update because I wouldn't mind playing him a lot more.

Message 6 of 13 (946 Views)

★ Guide
COMING IN SEASON 1
Major balance changes
- Hit box size reductions and optimizations for Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar
- We’re better sizing hitboxes to character gear & model
- Since these adjustments have a MAJOR impact on the game, we want to make sure there aren't any major bugs, so we didn’t want to rush them out
- If these adjustments prove to be insufficient, we’ll consider additional adjustments during Season 1
Message 7 of 13 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

perhaps with your experience you can explain to me why he is the most popular character for cheating?

Message 8 of 13 (919 Views)

★ Guide
its fun when fat boy running that all -_-
Message 9 of 13 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie
They just did optimizations, no shrinking. :C
Message 10 of 13 (782 Views)