Re: Gibraltar Gun Shield passive

by hfdfghytb

Original Post

Gibraltar Gun Shield passive

★ Novice

Gibraltar has the ability to hide his gun shield.  To my knowledge their is no benefit to hiding the shield like movement speed bonus or less recoil to guns so the point again why does he have this option.  I see no reason as why it is one and was wondering if i'm missing the reason why.  Also how does the shield health work.  Does it use a portion of your current shields, does it have its own health bar, how long does it take to recharge, etc.  This ability is very vague about stats and left me with a lot of questions about it.

Message 1 of 9 (3,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

I assumed so you don't always have to give away your position with a glowing shield every time you ADS.

Message 2 of 9 (3,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

how does Gibraltar hide and un-hide his passive shield

edit i read the wiki, you can to aim then the passive shield appears. pressing h while aiming removes the shield.

Message 3 of 9 (2,836 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

if you are looking through scope on a sniper etc it's a good idea to turn off your shield. The shield glows the colour of your armour and is highly visible, similar to those tools who pick the glowing red skins for characters.

You just need to remember to turn it back on afterwards!

Message 4 of 9 (2,809 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

They should remove that * completely. Gibraltar * camping everywhere in crouch behind that gun shield AND body shield.

Message 5 of 9 (2,544 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm guessing it's an "advantage" or "same as the advantage as anyone else gets" in a bush wookie situation. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,501 Views)

★★ Novice
@Pengzeus It’s a HUGE advantage, if you ADS you get +60 shield, on top of someone with 200 health, plus his double health buff he can be so hard to knock. Yesterday I lost a game to Gib with 2,480 damage, and I hit him so hard with R99 to top body and longbow to the body 3 times. Any character would have died waaaaaay before he got the chance to kill me.
Message 7 of 9 (2,481 Views)

★★ Novice

its 75 extra shield i believe dont blow it out of proportion

Message 8 of 9 (1,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Pengzeus @MuteLunatic is right, it's just to prevent giving away your position when you're camping an area. At long distances that shield is especially bright, so in some instances it can be better to hide it, especially to pull off ambushes. 

Shield health has its own personal health bar of 75. Once the 75 health is depleted, the shield turns off and you're left with your own standard health. After you stop ADSing, the shield will automatically start recharging. ADSing again while it's recharging will pull the shield up with whatever health it's had enough time to recharge. For instance, if you pull it up at the halfway point, your shield will be able to block about 37 damage. Please note that while you're ADS, your shield does not recharge. I'm not certain the rate of recharge his shield has, but supposedly using shield cells or batteries helps recharge it. https://apexlegends.gamepedia.com/Gibraltar#Info

Here's a tip while facing Gibralter, don't get suckered into the mindset that just because he's fat, he's an easily killed target. At a distance when he can't fire back at you, he is absolutely an easily killed target. Up close when he can take full advantage of his innate tankiness and gunshield, he is a massive threat. Adopt a quick peeking strategy where you peek quickly from cover to do damage then retreat once his gunshield comes up, throw grenades to keep him moving so he can't take advantage of his gunshield, or the best option is to comm with teammates and focus fire him down. He may be able to survive one full purple mag of an R99, but he can't survive two. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,871 Views)