Re: Ghost Storm technology

by arthurh3535

Original Post

Ghost Storm technology

★★★★★ Guide

Does anyone else think the explanation for how the Ghost Storm tech supposedly work not match up to how it's used? Other ships mimicking the Tempest's stealthed systems would cause no difference in the Tempest's actual appearance. Obviously, there's a mistake in there.

Or, I'd like to think that the Ghost Storm tech is the signal mimic plus a mass effect visual warp effect to make the Tempest harder to detect by visual and similar systems. 

Good enough for a No Prize, you think?

Message 1 of 7 (1,412 Views)

★ Guide

Joker explained it in Mass Effect 1.

"As long as no-one looks out a window, we are fine".

ME "Stealth" is not a visual effect, its simply masking energy emissions from the ship to render it nearly undetectable to instrumentation. Also eyeballing a ship in space is near impossible, as anyone who has played Kerbal Space Program can attest to.

Message 2 of 7 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@lexandro_Albion wrote:

Joker explained it in Mass Effect 1.

"As long as no-one looks out a window, we are fine".

ME "Stealth" is not a visual effect, its simply masking energy emissions from the ship to render it nearly undetectable to instrumentation. Also eyeballing a ship in space is near impossible, as anyone who has played Kerbal Space Program can attest to.

Then how do you explain the actual visual SFX?

Message 3 of 7 (1,378 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@arthurh3535 wrote:

They have to show the player something. It would be rather boring if there was nothing we could look at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (1,370 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

They have to show the player something. It would be rather boring if there was nothing we could look at.

So they showed something so inaccurate that it's on the level of showing ice and frost when you are set on fire? That's incredibly lame.

Message 5 of 7 (1,363 Views)

★ Pro

Maybe the difference this time is that it's both visual and energy signatures.

Message 6 of 7 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EgoMania wrote:

Maybe the difference this time is that it's both visual and energy signatures.

Eh, that's sorta what I was suggesting that it added both things. A visual blurring and the fake signals.

Message 7 of 7 (1,345 Views)