Re: Getting the wrong heirloom set.

by GRiPSViGiL

Original Post

Getting the wrong heirloom set.

★ Novice

Hey everyone. I am a wraith main myself and I spent over 400 euros on Apex packs just to get the wraith heirloom set. I was trying to get it since the release of the game but I just unboxed the Bloodhounds set on my 500th pack. People could get the bloodhound set for around 170 euros in total but now I have to open another 500 packs to get the wraiths set. I would buy the bloodhounds set just to make sure that I could get the wraiths set on my 500th pack but I was abroad so I couldn't. I dont think this is fair at all.

Message 1 of 8 (1,112 Views)

★★ Expert

It's pretty fair considering the Wraith heirloom was the only heirloom available for most of the games life. It's also pretty fair considering if you did your research right, you'd know that you're given an heirloom set every 500 packs, but not only is said heirloom not defined, there are now two heirloom sets in game. Meaning you have a 50/50 chance. This is a due diligence issue, rather than a, "this isn't fair" issue. 

It'd be nice if they let you choose which heirloom set you get, but this is from EA, with developers who have openly insulted players on public forum. Nice isn't their policy. If it's clunky and makes them money, it's gotta be in the game!

Message 2 of 8 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@pastaclownI think it would be fair if they actually sold the Wraith heirloom seperately as well but they didn't. So basically you have to pay roughly 400 euros to get the Wraith set, but you could get the Bloodhound set for 170. They don't have to same value. Thats why the whole situation is unfair. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,089 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Sorry to break it to you but there is nothing fair about gambling.  Loot boxes are a suckers bet, the house always wins.  Adding more heirloom items essentially reducing the chances you get the one you want is just part of the gambling mechanism.  Standard procedure for this system.  It is not even relevant that you could have bought one for a LIMITED time while the other was left to chance.

Cosmetics have zero value in this game.  They can't be traded or sold in anyway so I am not sure why you act like the prices you pay for these things matter.

Message 4 of 8 (1,077 Views)

★★★★ Pro

To each their own but I don't get the hype with the heirlooms. I mean they look kinda cool but still its a melee weapon. Really don't see why they're so sought after. I could care less if I get one or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/

Message 5 of 8 (1,058 Views)

★★ Guide

@xKimster wrote:

Hey everyone. I am a wraith main myself and I spent over 400 euros on Apex packs just to get the wraith heirloom set. I was trying to get it since the release of the game but I just unboxed the Bloodhounds set on my 500th pack. People could get the bloodhound set for around 170 euros in total but now I have to open another 500 packs to get the wraiths set. I would buy the bloodhounds set just to make sure that I could get the wraiths set on my 500th pack but I was abroad so I couldn't. I dont think this is fair at all.

Not gonna get a whole lot of sympathy as a whale that keeps enabling these shady business practices.

Message 6 of 8 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ColdHours Some people have the idea that it makes them look a lot better at the game than they actually are I guess, what baffles me is the fact that people pay through their * on "suprise mechanics" and actually expect to get their money's worth lol
Message 7 of 8 (1,027 Views)

★★ Pro
@xKimster it's gambling, either you win, or you lose it all.
Message 8 of 8 (983 Views)