Getting my son access to some of my games

by rneve

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Getting my son access to some of my games

★★★★★ Newbie

I've got an origin account and for his birthday I purchased my son a new game. He's set up his own teen account, and I've got him linked in my Household. I redeemed the game code and can see the game in my My Game Library, but I can't figure out how to give him access to the game I bought for him. I do this all the time in Steam with Family Library, but I can't find the sharing option in Origin.

I don't want to give him access to all my games as some are not appropriate.

Message 1 of 7 (2,430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Getting my son access to some of my games

Community Manager

Hey @rneve if you have redeemed the code to your account then only your account will be able to play the game.

You can find all the information in relation to underage accounts in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/set-up-child-ea-account/

When you purchase an eligible game on disc from a retail store or site, it will come with a Product Code. Log in to your child's EA Account, and redeem the Product Code in Origin to add the game to that account.

Underage accounts cannot make purchases in the online Origin store, because they have limited access to online features due to age restrictions. Find out more about what you can and can’t do online with a child account.

Children who have underage accounts can upgrade their account to a full access account once they reach a certain age, which varies from country to country.

Learn how to age up a child account to an adult account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,390 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @rneve if you have redeemed the code to your account then only your account will be able to play the game.

You can find all the information in relation to underage accounts in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/set-up-child-ea-account/

When you purchase an eligible game on disc from a retail store or site, it will come with a Product Code. Log in to your child's EA Account, and redeem the Product Code in Origin to add the game to that account.

Underage accounts cannot make purchases in the online Origin store, because they have limited access to online features due to age restrictions. Find out more about what you can and can’t do online with a child account.

Children who have underage accounts can upgrade their account to a full access account once they reach a certain age, which varies from country to country.

Learn how to age up a child account to an adult account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (2,391 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So, if I want to play and my son wants to play on the same machine, but not at the same time, we need to buy two copies of the same game?

Message 3 of 7 (2,377 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @rneve if both you and your son wants to play the game on your own accounts then you would each need to own a copy of the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (2,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

such greedy behaviour from ea. If you have three kids how the hell do you buy three copies of the same freaking game?

Message 5 of 7 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you find any way for you two to play without paying these greedy ... more money?

Message 6 of 7 (1,484 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

This thread is quite a few years old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Feel free to create a new thread if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, though in this case the accepted solution is still accurate. Thanks!

Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,478 Views)