Re: Genius idea to satisfy both sides of the fan base.

by spIash_damage

Original Post

★ Guide
@spIash_damage I believe upgrades should persist, but you have a point. In the previous games, they introduced gamemodes where there were no customization. I believe EA should create PERMANENT gamemodes where upgrades don't exist. This and the weapon swaps satisfies much of the community.
Message 11 of 15 (239 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@spIash_damage wrote:

I do not like the idea because it adds even more layers of skill gap between vets and newcomers.  The main reason newcomers ditch a game quickly usually boils down to being slaughtered every game (that or conflicting mechanics).   

I'm hesitant to play much MP before the game drops because I don't want to learn the maps before the 18th.  I know it's likely dumb to people,I am an old school gamer and love games that have ZERO advantage for anyone.  Map knowledge is one thing but having veterans with higher powered weapons has NEVER made sense to me (in regards to building a community). 

I wish a version of PvZ would be created without upgrades so the playing field is fair for those with 1 hour or 1,000 hours.  I do like "Pure Server Settings" (like the Welcome Mat in previous games) but having two sets of servers for each mode seems to separate the community more.

I believe I have the unpopular vote here, just to be clear.  ... and sorry for the wall of text... but I think it's relative to not wanting variants (or even upgrades, for that matter).

You and me both. I cut my MP shooter teeth on games like Quake and Doom and then lots of Goldeneye on the N64, where everyone had the same stats and available weapons (although a pox on Oddjob players in Goldeneye)!

I like the upgrade system but with a few exceptions, like homing pea which you get pretty early, all the really good stuff is up high in the ranks. Maybe it's good I'm spreading my XP around instead of focusing too much and not really pushing for xp that much overall.

Message 12 of 15 (238 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CRAAAZZYChomper wrote:
@spIash_damageI believe upgrades should persist, but you have a point. In the previous games, they introduced gamemodes where there were no customization. I believe EA should create PERMANENT gamemodes where upgrades don't exist. This and the weapon swaps satisfies much of the community.

Ah yes, the classic mode if I recall, no variants and such. Something like that to level the playing field.

Message 13 of 15 (234 Views)

★ Guide

This is a great idea. Then I won't have to worry whether or not I have the right upgrades. If I lose, then it's all on me.

Message 14 of 15 (216 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@asabaida wrote:

Its in between stuffy and alien for me.... alien is soooo pretty Heart

But ya know if I want to play them I go back to GW2... we played some GW2 Ops today and it was like meeting an old friend Large smile
GW2 will always be my first love Large smile

That said I do love BFN (mostly love) and really don't miss the variants at all (and I thought I would), and I'm glad its not the same as GW2l... as I said... we still have GW2 for them Large smile

Alien Flower = 💚🌱 (Plant love, if you don’t have those smilies...)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Share-your-Montage-moments/m-p/7838699/highlight/true#M34...

Message 15 of 15 (204 Views)