General question on health and shields

by manslashmonkey

Original Post

General question on health and shields

★ Apprentice

Are health and shields effected differently? Example being my shields seem to offer occasional resistance in a firefight whereas my health just blinks away.

And does ammo type effect each differently? Energy ammo offering larger damage to shields but heavy ammo offering larger damage to health?

Only ask as it certainly feels this way in game for me at the moment. Just wondered if I might have missed an update or something where everybody was informed. Also please correct me if I am wrong but full health and shields is 200 hit points before being downed right? Maximum 100 hit points from a gold/purple shield and a standard 100 health?

Message 1 of 5 (305 Views)

Re: General question on health and shields

They should not act differently from what I know.
Sometimes you get headshot and then the multiplier kicks in but other then that i don't know.

Energy ammo has only reduced bulled drop and a higher velocity.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 5 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello @manslashmonkey!

Just to clear up some points:

• Damage dealt by different ammo types have the same effect on shields or normal health
  • All ammo types slow legends down when you get shot with them. Exception is the fortified perk of Caustic and Gibraltar, which prevents this slowing down.
  • Energy ammo has overal less bullet drop and higher velocity, meaning you can in theorie hit target further away more easily.
  • Not all weapons deal the same amount of damage per bullet. For example wingman does more damage per bullet than p2020. Try them out in the training mode!
  • There are hop-ups in the game that increases damage to either shields or health. Season 2 had disruptor rounds (now gone) which increases damage done to shields. Season 3 still has hammer point rounds which increase damage against health.

Every character has 100 base health and a max of 100 shield health. Headshots do more damage than body shots and body shots do more damage than leg shots!

Hopefully that clears things up!

Message 3 of 5 (274 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@DYSPROssium This is really good to know. For some reason, it always felt like health was WAY less resilient than armor. If I could +1 more than once, I would Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (266 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well i didnt know about the leg damage thing. But i am slightly concerned; i have always assumed that health was easier to damage as without shields it is like i dont have hit points at all. Has anyone looked into this at all? I play PS4 and it has been like this for me for quite some time. Thank for the replies though. Nice to know the information and that I am not alone.

Message 5 of 5 (224 Views)