Gave me Goosebumps!

by Daethena

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Gave me Goosebumps!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@crackdownjr wrote:
Unclear if this is a trailer for a future film or just a concept trailer. Either way it gave me chills too. I can feel anticipation for discovering the story behind the world of Anthem be it through the game or other forms of media. I can see them making Anthem more than just a game. It can be a universe of it's own. #Anthemverse

Its an Anthem Trailer,  it says it underneath. Its just an expensive ad for the game.

Message 11 of 16 (114 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

good lord, now that's a promo trailer

Message 12 of 16 (107 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I liked it a lot. My wife who is not a gamer also enjoyed it. The best parts for me were the in game lore connections. Well done I say. 

Message 13 of 16 (96 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@crackdownjr wrote:
Unclear if this is a trailer for a future film or just a concept trailer. Either way it gave me chills too. I can feel anticipation for discovering the story behind the world of Anthem be it through the game or other forms of media. I can see them making Anthem more than just a game. It can be a universe of it's own. #Anthemverse

Its an Anthem Trailer,  it says it underneath. Its just an expensive ad for the game.

Can't even call it a trailer or an ad for the game because the story the trailer is showing isn't playable on the game (yet?). And unfortunately it most likely will never be an actual film. I admit it did get me hyped, but there needs to be some payoff tied specifically to this story or I'll be disappointed

Message 14 of 16 (83 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@crackdownjr wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@crackdownjr wrote:

Can't even call it a trailer or an ad for the game because the story the trailer is showing isn't playable on the game (yet?). And unfortunately it most likely will never be an actual film. I admit it did get me hyped, but there needs to be some payoff tied specifically to this story or I'll be disappointed

No, the story in the trailer has been clarified as happening years and years in the past, well before our character's time in Anthem.  Its more a nod to the lore in the game, which we will hopefully learn more about. 

Message 15 of 16 (79 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I won't rule out the possibility for this going to a full-feature film.  The trailer for District 9 was a lot like a documentary to me.  I initially thought that it was the creator's interpretation of racial segregation under the guise as a trailer.  I would've also thought that it would provoke some clashback from a certain red overall donning political folk here in South Africa but it was well received (Thankfully).

I am looking forward to watch Conviction with my wife this weekend.  Showed my wife the teaser last night and she was like "Wow!" with that opening scene.

If my sources are correct this time next week we should be able to start joining the origin and ea access peeps.  Super stoked!

Message 16 of 16 (68 Views)
Twitter Stream