Re: Gave Apex another try today

by szaiiley

Original Post

★★★ Pro
I'm on console so cheaters aren't a thing but I understand your frustration a little with issues like extremely unbalanced teams and that God damn Pathfinders magical hitbox. As someone who worked retail long enough to know what months of minimal sleep and zero off days feel like, I appreciate Respawn wanting to take care of their employees but this isn't a single player or PvE game, things like hackers, weapon balance and hitboxes need to be monitored and addressed as fast as possible to maintain player goodwill towards the game unless it's in the developers best interests to watch months of their hard work go into the 'used to be good' bin of games like Paladins.

I remember when Fortnite was a PvE and the BR was just a experiment but when it blew up Epic games did everything in their power to make it popular and just look at all the money they've been minting ever since and they didn't have to pay millions to a couple teenagers with bad hair in order to get their publicity either.

I don't care about content, they can take their time with that but things like giving players incentive to keep playing after 100 and addressing issues like hackers should be a regular thing, every one hacker banned or bug fixed helps, it doesn't have to be a hundred at a time to be worthwhile, hope they understand this
Message 11 of 19 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@xpl0itsAnthem had one of those roadmap thingies too Tongue out

You know what has a lot of corners, a maze and the exit is right around the next corner! Now get walking!

@Pretzelnutcakegame breaking bugs should be hotfixed, pathfinder, like every team has one these days, every time I see one, I am like a * I am dead.

put a 55 round spitfire mag into one at close range distance a few days ago, managed to deal 20....damage. Its working as intended guys!

and no my aim isnt that bad ->> (https://youtu.be/LfSXZHpBhYU)

Message 12 of 19 (532 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IronWolf9k_YT I feel your pain, not the best aim but I don't miss a stationary target which is exactly what happened when my teammate got downed and thirsted by a Pathfinder and I went in for the kill with the shiney wingman that I just picked up, the guy was looting my teammates box and was stuck in place (consoles can't strafe and such when looting) took my time to land four shots dead center of his chest only to be greeted with absolutely nothing, not one single hit, he turns around with my teammates Peacekeeper and got himself another gg ez kill, it's a shame the character isn't locked until fixed, I love using him but how can I without feeling guilty of cheating but I'm the only one who feels that way since 99/100 squads has one in it
Message 13 of 19 (502 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
What a joke, been away from this game for 1month now and still filled with cheaters. The anti cheat is still a joke and then there’s article that wrote Respawn handles cheater well. Pfft like who are you trying to lie to lmao
Message 14 of 19 (471 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@unferthington 

@IronWolf9k_YT 

Here's the thing, unless you work for EA, or you can read the future, then neither of you knows what the future holds for the game.

But it would really foolish to think this is it, nothing more is to be done on the game, or to come.

Do either of you even realize how EPIC Apex Legends is in the world of gaming, and what it represents? The PING system is the first of it's kind in the gaming world, and this is a MAJOR STEP in the world of gaming, so it would be really foolish of EA to let an EPIC game die, that just changed the face of gaming and made gaming history, and that's not a joke!

Message 15 of 19 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@xpl0its you're giving them too much credit. WOW, pings! so cool as fortnite adds 50 new things to their game and listens to their community, adding ranked. at this point, i love that they took pings and the respawn system from apex cause it shows how fitting it is in fortnite- which has so much more content in one game. their devs might work more or have a bigger team but that proves they care about the future of the game

Message 16 of 19 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@7cyanide wrote:

@xpl0its 

@unferthington I do. I bet they have a lot of content planned. content: new skins, gun skins, banners, exactly what the player base has been asking for

Only a few asked for it!!!

The majority asks for a BETTER anticheat since months now!!! That should be priority number 1 or there wont be players left enjoying their new content.

Me and all my friends already stopped playing since weeks because of it and only check once a week the forums if respawn finally added a proactive (like battleye) and a stattracking (like fairfight) anticheat so we can start playing again.

But if nothing happens soon we might even forget about the game entirely, just like most of the press already did.... even these forums here got very silent and only a few posting every now and then.

Message 17 of 19 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@IronWolf9k_YT wrote:

And people ask me why I went from my PC, 240hz monitor w/G-sync 300 fps to a PS4 Pro's 60 fps on my streams, 2 weeks ago.

That video sums it up pretty nicely, thx for the video, now I don't have to try to go back to pc this week.

Can I have your stuff?

I hope you at least use keyboard and mouse on console...

Message 18 of 19 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@BotsKilledApex 

Giving who credit?

Who here can raise their hands and say they work as a developer for a gaming company?

Who here can raise their hand and say they know what is on the table for EA/Respawn priorities?

Who here can raise their hand and say that they know EA/Respawn is not working as hard as they can on the AntiCheat and will improve it?

Who here works at EA that knows all these things?

Who here can honestly answer any of these things in truth, not speculation?

Bottom Line; I don't think anyone here can raise their hands and answer any of these questions honestly here, I'm not trying to be rude, but everyone is just speculating and assuming, and it's not helping anything...

Message 19 of 19 (327 Views)