Re: Games to be activated on Steam if owned in origin

by N7_A_M_R_Egypt

Original Post

Games to be activated on Steam if owned in origin

★ Apprentice

HI,

I would like to ask Why can't we activate the recent games released on steam in steam if we own them on origin,at present it appears we have to pay for the games again if we want them on steam?

Bethesda did it with fallout 76, when it came to steam, if you owned the game before then it was activated on your steam account

Surely we are paying for the licence and it sould be allowed no matter what platform we use?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17 (1,139 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Snoopster if you purchased the game on Origin then you will not be able to redeem the code to another platform.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 17 (1,091 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you , just think its a bit cheeky of EA as Bethesda and activision have given players that have purchased the games on their platforms a copy of the games on the platform they have been released on eg steam

Message 3 of 17 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Snoopster Personally I would be VERY happy if EA does give us Steam copies of the games we own on Origin

But to be fair many of us regular Origin users have a big collection of games on Origin so.. honestly that would be quite the generous feat

I don't own any Activition games on my Steam account so I'm not aware honestly if they have MTX or upcoming paid content, but for FO76 it is only one game and more importantly it is a game that has sources of revenue in the shape of MTX and upcoming paid expansions that I believe those who got the game free on Steam will still have to pay if they want those expansions.

Most of EA titles that have and will be released on Steam pretty much done many don't have MTX or upcoming paid content

Message 4 of 17 (1,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

@N7_A_M_R_Egypt  I agree with you 100%, I would love it, I mean just even if it could link up to my origin games and I can continiue on playing them through origin.

I do have a huge origin collection as well , so can understand why EA has not done that, I am just curious with their reasoning behind it.

Off topic:

I have paid for the latest star wars game on origin , then my sister pre-ordered it on steam for me, I fell really ill to the point where I lost majority of my vision and only have recovered a couple of months ago, I then spoke to EA and explained the situation to them and they are unable to refund me for the game. I even asked them to refund it to my ea wallet so they still had the funds. I am a little dissapointed in the situation but it could have helped if EA were able to assist.

Do you play Star wars battlefront 2 , looking for some people to play with to help unlock the Rey skin and the darth maul skin?

Not sure if you are interested .

To be honesst due to my poor vision I am not very good , but I try

Message 5 of 17 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I hope you regain your full health soon

No I haven't played Battlefront 2 yet but I'm very much interested in Origin achievements so I might actually download and play it (especially that soon it will come *didn't realize it just came* to Steam and that will boost the number of players) .. however these days I'm currently hunting achievements on a couple of games on Steam so it might be a while before I actually download that game and start playing it.

I'm not gonna lie I do hate PVP games in general and I suck at them but I'm addicted to achievements hunting so I push myself to play such games for the sake of achievements.

You can add me on Origin (same ID as here) and even on Steam if you want Standard smile

Message 6 of 17 (1,043 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope one day we can, even though it is not likely. I will try and stay optimistic even if I know it probably won't happen.

Message 7 of 17 (1,007 Views)

★ Apprentice

If I purchase all the games on steam , will my progress and pre-order bonuses be available still or will it run the origin versions of the games through steam

Message 8 of 17 (1,002 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko thats very disappointing
Message 9 of 17 (975 Views)

★ Apprentice

HI @EA_Darko  , why is there no explaination, the topic marked as a solution has not provided anything useful.

I mean I might as well have written , Steam and EA are great and marked that as a solution.

Please can you provide the exact reason as to why EA cannot provide steam keys for their games to users already owning them.

Ea is double charging players for the same licence , which in light of the current situation is really bad and unethical.

You Licence term's and conditions do not say anything about the licence been applicable to one platform

I would really like an explanation

Thanks

Message 10 of 17 (917 Views)