Games library disappearing

by Doofus3000

Original Post

Games library disappearing

★★★ Newbie

EA Desktop defaults the game install location to 'C', but I have little space left so I installed the app to another drive and created a new folder called 'Library' (G/EA Desktop/Library).

Everything installs fine, and I can play. However, if I leave it a few days before playing again, EA desktop says I need to download the game again.

Checking my 'G' drive, the EA Desktop folder no longer had my 'library' folder in it. Also there is another folder there called 'Outdated EA Desktop'. My library folder isn't in that either.

Could it be that every time there is an update to EA Desktop, all the previous data goes into the 'outdated' folder, but the new update doesn't take across my library folder? And if 2 updates happen before I go to play again, my library disappears from the 'outdated' folder too?

If this is happening its pretty poor, I shouldn't have to re-download a 40+gb game every time I want to play it.

Also, I keep having to tell EA desktop where to install new games because it keeps defaulting back to 'C' drive.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix for it? Could disabling auto-updates fix the issue?

Message 1 of 3 (1,040 Views)

Re: Games library disappearing

★★★ Guide

I was just looking in my folders and I also have an outdatedEADesktop folder after updating. This may be some sort of backup they're using for now. However, I made my install folder separate from the EA Desktop folder. I'm guessing yours is being moved with the updates. Try using a completely separate folder for your library. For example I use F:\EA Games. I haven't experienced the same issue as you, just some thoughts. I also have auto updates disabled.

Message 2 of 3 (926 Views)

Re: Games library disappearing

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I thought it was some sort of virus that was removing my files but that doesn't seem to be the case. I also save the games to my second SSD, which is labeled D. Only happens if I don't play for a while and then when I come back I notice the shortcuts to the games are all gone.

Message 3 of 3 (672 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help