Games are over too quickly

by Bean2kay9

Original Post

Games are over too quickly

★★ Guide

Is it maybe time to increase the player count? 

It’s getting to a point now where round 1 hasn’t even finished yet and there’s only 3 squads left.

you’ve pretty much got two options now, either hot drop and fight about 5 squads at once,

or land somewhere else, loot then make your way to the ring and realise there’s only 2 squads left before the level 1 ring has even finished closing 

Now obviously the more you play this game the better at it you become so you get placed in higher skilled lobbies so it makes sense that people are dying faster as there’s a lot more people good at the game so it’s a difficult issue to resolve without making the game harder for newer players 

A few suggestions would be to just

• increase the player count so instead of 20 squads per game it’s around 25/30 
  • make early game kills harder by giving everyone a level 1 body shield/ knockdown shield and P2020 off spawn so the lucky players who found a gun can’t instantly kill the ones who didn’t, It would also be a lot harder to thirst those early kills if everyone already had a knockdown shield 
  • maybe decrease the time to kill by upping the body shield HP but then there’s issues like making kills harder for newer players who can’t aim as well, and completely changing the pace of fights 
  • decreasing some of the loot at hot zones such as Estates, Fragment ect this way it’ll be a lot harder for all the squads that land there to get kills 

feel free to add more suggestions but I do think things need to change, games just don’t feel as fun as they used to and are over before you’ve even got a chance to start having fun 

Message 1 of 11 (636 Views)

Re: Games are over too quickly

★★★★★ Expert
@Bean2kay9 Nahhh this is just due to the ltm. Even in lobbies I’m normally in is the kill rate not as high as it is since this ltm. First game I played in this ltm was with hayhor on day 2 or 3 and the first ring wasn’t even finished and there were 3 squads (including ours) left whereas normally first ring closed is 5-10 squads left.

This wasn’t a one-of(f?) since most our matches were first ring closed 3-5 squads left...
Message 2 of 11 (625 Views)

★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q In my experience it’s been like this since before the LTM, ESPECIALLY on World’s Edge where half the lobby is thinking “Fragment or nothin’

I’ll admit games are a little shorter on Olympus since the LTM but on WE nothings changed, games are always over straight away on there
Message 3 of 11 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bean2kay9 That’s true. It’s always in fragment... but wow even before the ltm. You got some real suiciders on your server xD
Message 4 of 11 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bean2kay9 From my experience, the LTM has made the game slower. At least half the lobby is alive till the first ring closes and I can't find anyone if I don't hot drop. One game I kept asking my random teammates where the enemies are lol. This LTM is trash, should have been a separate playlist IMO.
Message 5 of 11 (595 Views)

Champion
@Bean2kay9 It is the ltm that is doing this to olympus. Once the ltm is gone olympus will be fine. WE has always been based on where the ship is relative to fragment. If it starts close to it, many teams die right away.

I know many people want a solo mode but I'd actually like to see a 4 man team mode with 80 people on the map.
Message 6 of 11 (558 Views)

★ Guide
@hayhor Do you think they would be able to balance 4 man squads? I can think of some nasty combinations with a 4 man lol
Id like more players in each game
Message 7 of 11 (538 Views)

Champion
@F5arTheB5ard I have no idea. But it would be fun to try.
Message 8 of 11 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@F5arTheB5ard Four-man squad would be pure chaos considering how different abilities combine and negate each other.
Message 9 of 11 (511 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Bean2kay9 Nothing about your changes will help much, capitol city would be q 45 man boxing match each round, trust me the devs tried. Respawn can't do much about it, the fact that games are basicly over by the time the second round starts is the fault of the community.
Message 10 of 11 (506 Views)