Re: Gameplay - Grand Operations and comparison to BF1

by Fava09

Original Post

Gameplay - Grand Operations and comparison to BF1

★★★ Newbie

Here are issues I have experienced with the game and some comparison with BF1:

Issue with Gameplay: 

-Conquest within grand operations is too repetitive and takes away from the strategic, immersive gameplay Battlefield has been known for. 

- Support and Medic class guns far overpower Assault class. (hit a medic 6 times and got a hitmaker of 99). 

- Front gunner in tanks when aiming down on sight, the cross-hair disappears.

- All gunners for tank the direction of the gun when shooting is usually the opposite direction from where the bullets are flying out from.

- Top gunner on tanks are fairly easy for snipers to get head shots.

- Most of the maps are comprised of dark, alleys, dark underground tunnels, and bridges making it much harder to see the opponent. 

- The start of each round, only two tanks and two planes are available to spawn into, make it 3 per vehicle and airplane, this would make a more chaotic gameplay.

- Main menu has the visuals of each company blurred or nonexistent at the start ( I will only see the gun but not the actual person holding the gun);

- On a rare occasion when my avatar is dead and waiting for a revive my body will sink into the ground thus making me compelled to deploy from the overview point. 

- A lot of times my avatar has issues walking up and across some terrain, getting stuck on a mountain or a rut. 

- the last round on rotterdam gives the Defense an overpowering advantage where they can hide in buildings and shoot the attacking team. (As an Attack on this map, I have yet to beat this round). 

**** - Give us the ability to design the avatars for tankers and pilots, with different outfits, skins and helmets. 

Comparison with BF1:

-No Elite Classes (Tank hunters, Sentry, Flametroopers; (Flametroopers were certainly in WW2, eg.: "Saving Private Ryan" opening scene;

- No Cavalry (but I do not care to expect this for a WW2 gameplay;

-No classic operations from BF1 (3 rounds to attack or defend), bring a mode whereas instead of 3 days to attack it could just be three round of attack or defend;

- Not enough in-map artillery compared to in the maps in BF1 (Italian mountains Grappa, Achi Baba). 

Message 1 of 3 (260 Views)

★★ Novice
Grand Operations is literally most of the game modes in BFV thrown into 1 match over days... It definitely needs some work because I really enjoyed operations in BF1... it give a real war experience
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah i think classic operations should be back , specially with the Tides of War scenery coming up. A triple wave attack against Stalingrad with the Germans attacking and the soviets defending should make much more sense that 3 different days and the defenders falling back even when they have won the day.
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)