Re: Game not launching with mods

by B_Hind_U_Ghost

Original Post

Game not launching with mods

★★ Novice

I played Battlefront 2 for months but when I reinstalle dit after a break the game won't launch unless I remove the -datapath ''C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData'' command from the game's properties, keeping me form using mods

Message 1 of 10 (5,906 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 2 of 10 (5,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you solve it? Im having the same issue rn and I cant seem to fix it no matter what I do.

Message 3 of 10 (5,399 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Noahboycaused911

We advise that you do not use mods online, and as always, you use of these mods is done at your own risk.

More information: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

We cant help if mods are causing issues.

/Atic
Message 4 of 10 (5,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue now, if you find one pls reply.

Message 5 of 10 (5,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I recently had the same problem and found a solution. I noticed I had a "mods" folder inside my "ModData" folder in the BF2 directory. So I tried adding it to the command line arguments in the advanced options in Origin, so for me it looks like this: -datapath "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData\mods".
Worked like a charm, don't rly know why but hey... I ain't complaining
Message 6 of 10 (4,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No one asked for your absolutely useless input

@EA_Atic wrote:
@Noahboycaused911

We advise that you do not use mods online, and as always, you use of these mods is done at your own risk.

More information: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

We cant help if mods are causing issues.

/Atic

Message 7 of 10 (4,090 Views)

★ Novice

The mods are not causing issues. The new EA app is the one causing issues. I get this error after updating from Origin and launching the game without any mods: "Display Name Field Missing from Registry" and it requests a CD code or BUY the game again. Entering the game key (as specified in the game library) is rejected. Even though it's clearly owned as it says in my library. So don't blame mods or modders if you don't know how to solve this issue.

Message 8 of 10 (3,786 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is the real answer, though keep in mind this folder name depends on what you called it with Frosty.

I left as default, so in my case the folder was named "default" instead.

I put the path similar to yours replacing "mods" with "default", and it allowed me to launch it straight from the Origin client.

I have Battlefront 2 set up in a specific way for mods now; Frosty should just be used for adding/removing mods or changing the order, but after the testing is done I prefer launching it straight through the client.

It's quicker, and it can help resolve issues when mods don't display correctly (something about the cached content not working as it should through Frosty compared to running with the Datapath argument instead).

Message 9 of 10 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how are you still using orign? it completely locked me out of the app and forces me to use EA client. Which doesn't work for me, I can't start any game no matter which one. 
I will never buy an EA game again because I can't play it. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,484 Views)