Game not appearing in library

by Jassyy2

Original Post

Game not appearing in library

★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought a copy of the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe for my PC and got the confirmation that I bought it, but when I go to the Origin Game Library, it says I have no games. What’s going on? 

Message 1 of 7 (622 Views)

Re: Game not appearing in library

@Jassyy2  Try clearing Origin's cache, to force it to refresh its data:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Make sure you don't have any filters enabled in your game library as well.  The filter menu can be opened by clicking the word Filters in the upper right corner of your game library.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (590 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jassyy2  it's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is log out of your Origin account and then on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter any email accounts that you may have. If there is an account linked to that email then you will receive an email prompting you to reset your password. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (551 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No, I’ve never had an account until now. I’m still not sure what the problem was, but I read online that the Digital Deluxe version was only for members, so I bought the Standard version as well. Only when I bought that did the Digital Deluxe version show up. 

Message 4 of 7 (525 Views)

@Jassyy2  If you bought the Digital Deluxe upgrade, rather than the Digital Deluxe version of the base game, then yes, you'd also need to buy the standard version in order to play.  There are two separate purchases available: the upgrade that gets applied to the base game, and the version that includes the base game plus the upgrade.

The Digital Deluxe isn't only for members of Origin Access, it's that the DD version is included in the list of games Access members can play for free.

Message 5 of 7 (504 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Jassyy2  If you bought the Digital Deluxe upgrade, rather than the Digital Deluxe version of the base game, then yes, you'd also need to buy the standard version in order to play.  There are two separate purchases available: the upgrade that gets applied to the base game, and the version that includes the base game plus the upgrade.

The Digital Deluxe isn't only for members of Origin Access, it's that the DD version is included in the list of games Access members can play for free.

Oh no, I for sure bought the DD version of the base game. I know because it asked if I wanted the standard version or the DD and I chose DD, plus now that it suddenly appeared after buying the standard version it lets me play without having downloaded the standard game. 

Message 6 of 7 (493 Views)

@Jassyy2  Then I don't know what to tell you, except that maybe either the purchase took too long to go through, or Origin didn't refresh its data.  In any event, you don't need two copies of Sims 4 on your account.  If you'd like to refund one, given the circumstances, you could probably convince an EA customer support rep to help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 7 of 7 (434 Views)