Game is a joke

by DaNineVolt

Original Post

Re: Game is a joke

I think it depends on the response they chose. If we look at how they handled players who were dash boarding. They had a couple of options spend a ton of resources (money and labor) suspending players. Keep in mind doing that takes away from resources they can invest in other parts of the game such as new content or development of anticheat systems and patching the system so players can't dash board to begin with. They did suspend accounts to some degree. But they also let honest players have the last laugh. When the season was over, players who were dash boarding did not receive the rewards from ranked. I thought it was fairly good move on their part. I do believe they also added a patch that made it more difficult/impossible to do. 

Some of the updates to deal with these things are held off until a new season drops for varying reasons. The simple explanation is that new seasons are and ideal time to fix problems. It also gives them time to test patches and make sure the patch is not going to create more problems than it will solve and so on.

Then there is the priority aspect of it all. Dealing with the hit registration problem is/was a higher priority. I was dying more to hit registration issues, then I was to teaming squads.

There are two types of teaming. You have some players who are in party outside of the game and communicate with each other. That type of teaming would be easier to detect and deal with. How ever what about those who teabag during a match and try to team up that way? I see it fairly frequently in game. Detecting that and dealing with it is a bit more complex because some in game behavior might appear to be teaming when it's not. What if you have two teams who are not teaming but just focus firing on an enemy squad because that enemy is an easier target?  That's something I do frequently, especially in ranked.. I kill the easier targets first for better placement and the points from getting a kill. So they have to find a way to accurately and reliably identify people who are doing it. Then there is the third partying that happens, I get accused of teaming frequently and I'm not, I'm just third partying people.

The easiest fix would be to really randomize the queue timers so much that it's impossible for "teams" to queue into the same matches consistently. But doing that would mean really long queue times. Would you want to wait 5-10 minutes in queue for a match? You would still have the teabag teaming as well.

I care too and I'm confident EA does too. They want to provide a fair, fun and competitive environment for ALL players.  I also don't think mid-tier players have been abandoned.  I'm some place between mid and upper tier in terms of skill. I personally do not feel abandoned at all. I get frustrated with the teaming too. I can't guarantee it will happen, but I'm confident something will be done about it. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 13 (155 Views)

Message 12 of 13 (155 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Game is literally trash. Lag, unblanaced, and just pure steamy garbage. 

Message 13 of 13 (121 Views)