Re: Game is DEAD on Console

by CloudWalker60

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Why are people giving attention to this guy? Just look at his history you will see he is a scrub that only complains. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 11 of 38 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CloudWalker60 And who does not understand that in most games things you see in kill cams is not what realy happened.
Message 12 of 38 (1,042 Views)

★ Guide
@alexz3 Nonsensical
Message 13 of 38 (1,025 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i gave this game a try again tonight, played 6 games. 

ALL lobbies had 7-8 PC players vs 2-3 PS4 players.

ALL PC players had around 10:1 KD ratio.

ALL PS4 players had 0-1 kills for 10+ deaths.

ALL killcams showed PC players not missing a single hit.

Console are at a total disadvantage.

Yes I complain because I was hoping to have fun in this game and this crossplay / matchmaking system completely ruined it.

Message 14 of 38 (1,010 Views)

★ Guide

I have played this game on all formats for many hours:

Xbox X on a 60 htz 4k (third favorite)

PS4 pro 60htz almost 4k (fifth favorite)

PS4 pro PSVR (my current favorite)

PC with Oculus Rift S (second favorite)

PC with 144 htz ultra wide screen. (4th favorite)

I can say for a fact that no iteration of the game has a distinct advantage over the other for multiplayer..

It all comes down to : what do you like best as a player? Do you like playing in VR? Do like playing on HOTAS?

But I can say for a fact that  eventhough I play competitively, I had no advantage when I play on any one format over the others.

What I have seen in many instances, is simply better players on the PC compared to the Xbox. But there are definately exceptions to that.

Message 15 of 38 (995 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@CA1-PAINLESS And it is quite obvious why PC players are often better. Flightsims have been played by mostly PC players for years.
Message 16 of 38 (984 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

a first test solution might to disable by default crossplay on console?

Message 17 of 38 (959 Views)

★ Guide

Yet I've seen in several threads where the console players say disabling cross play gets them no games.

I'm pc, so can't verify myself but know I've seen comments to that effect.

Message 18 of 38 (917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's called a HOTAS, that is the advantage.

Message 19 of 38 (905 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Del_INQ_nt wrote:

Look. I don't think you're right.

I'm on PS4 ,  and I tried crossplay off on the day of release and was not matchmade into a match... The reason why you don't find any PS4 only matches is not because there are no other PS4 players.

It's rather because "crossplay" is the default setting which hardly anyone switches off.

And you don't get into a match with the PS4 players who have cross-platform activated if you haven't.

From my recent experience, PS4 is fairly well-represented.

I would appreciate it though if "cross-play on" was not the default setting.

Crossplay is the future of gaming as console will start to die off and the turnover rate on console games is much higher. If most console players can play COD Warzone crossplay then i don't see why star wars can't. i use controller on PC as im sure possibly most people do, so there is no advantage on PC really. Off by default would mean 99% of people would never even knew it existed to turn back on and all would perma suffer from console players lack of knowledge which is often the case.

Message 20 of 38 (898 Views)