Re: Game Suggestions for Origin

by wickdgamr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Suggestions for Origin

★★★★★ Novice

I feel that Origin should allow suggestions to older games to the store.  There are a lot of games that EA have been involved with but aren't on the store like the Black & White series.

Message 1 of 8 (900 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @RepleySnipes 

This is exactly the reason we are here. Share your suggestions for the games, you want to see in Origin, and we will make sure to pass those to our developers for consideration. 

P.S. Black & White was a great game. I really hope to play it again one day. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (991 Views)

All Replies

Hello @RepleySnipes 

This is exactly the reason we are here. Share your suggestions for the games, you want to see in Origin, and we will make sure to pass those to our developers for consideration. 

P.S. Black & White was a great game. I really hope to play it again one day. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 8 (992 Views)

@RepleySnipes There are quite a few old games that can't be brought because of expired publishing deals or expired licensing agreements. Games like Armies of Exigo, Black and White series and The Movies are in the first category (and with the companies gone, no one knows who actually own the IP rights in our days). In the second category you have any sports video game ever made (license is renegotiated yearly, though with the increased license fee costs, we might not see many of those sports games for long), the Dune series (deal expired, Herbert estate is unwilling to let anyone to make a new videogame for the series), Harry Potter series (rights for everything Harry Potter are now with Warner, except book publishing) and Middle Earth series (rights now belong to Warner, except book publishing).

Sadly, this is the world in which we live and we are barred access to many old games (and not only) because of how IP laws are now. All we can do is to hope that the involved companies will reach some agreement and re-release them, but that's not the case, most of the times.Frown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 8 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Goofy question but how do I share my suggestion with Origin?  Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 8 (830 Views)

@RepleySnipes 

Nothing goofy about that. You can share your thought ring here. We are monitoring this board, and gathering feedback for the developers on a weekly basis. So feel free to post in this thread, or create a new one with a description of the game, you want to see and why. Of course, you must understand,   we can`t make any promises, but we will do our best to forward your feedback. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 8 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Totally got ya. Thanks! 😅
Message 6 of 8 (782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Games suggestions for EA/Origin, here goes: The Sims: Bustin' Out and Sims Castaway for PC. I can't tell you how many groups I found that want this to happen, not to mention the number of spam sites pretending you can download them for free or a fee. I don't want mods for new Sims games to get characters and items, I want the game, the quests, the joy and challenge of a linear storyline! And, while we're on the topic of suggesting games (if you guys even still own the rights to these games): The entire Harry Potter series. Those games made me love EA, and with no PS2 I can no longer play them without spending a looooot of money. If there's any way you guys could even look at bringing these to the wonderful world of PC, I would be so grateful. I love EA, you guys rock my world, but you're letting old games die and that's just not very fair to your fans/customers.

Message 7 of 8 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Seeing how these posts don't get much comments or likes, if EA needs proof that it's worth adding the black and white games look at GOG polls. It's top three at least once a month. I would love to have the games digitally and would even be willing to pay a new game price for them. I'm not good at maintaining CDs....

Message 8 of 8 (379 Views)