Re: Game Spotlight - The Sims series

by ivrognard

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@sarebear998   thanks for reminding me of the PSP Sims series. Those were tremendously fun. now, if i could get the free time to go with the damn thing at a repair shop to change a few things and make it work again (though probably i should look for another one, but thing is that i am attached of my old fatty).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 51 of 60 (1,301 Views)

★ Novice

Yes! PLEASE add some witches and werewolves!!! 

Message 52 of 60 (1,204 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Megan062001

Witches and werewolves are scary! :D

On another note, who's excited for Cats & Dogs!?

Message 53 of 60 (1,185 Views)

@Straatford87 puppies and kittens. Yes!!! Though, it would be nice to see a supernatural expansion like every Sims before had.

Not that puppies and kittens aren't nice, but it's almost Halloween, something celebrated in a number of countries, Ireland , too if i remember correct, so just in case that i forget "Happy Halloween", if you are celebrating that dayStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 54 of 60 (1,175 Views)

★ Apprentice

I first came into the Sims through my love of all the Sim City games when I bought I believe it was my second Sim City 3000 if I recall and in the package game extra disks of the Sims Will Wright was working on. It was a video of Will and his team to introduce the new game and to introduce Wills team. I was literally blown away at wills documented plans for this game made about the little people who lived in Sims City. Will asked at the end of the disk if I would be interested in a game like this after sharing some of what they were working with and was I ever. There was an address at the end of the disk also asking about him inviting people who might be interested in signing up to maybe testing the product and they were looking for at least a 100 people who thought they'd like to try the game. I jumped on the idea and of course in those days we had to send in a post card in snail mail to sign up. No hesitation here. Also that day I called my sons girl friend who  loved Sims City too and told her she had to see these disk and if interested maybe sign up too. So she hurried over to visit me and watch the disks too. She loved the idea and well and asked for a post card to sign up too. I felt they would cover too age catagories for testing with us as I was already middle age and Michele was 18 and new high school grad and newly engaged to my oldest son. To our surprise a few month later we got selected and to our surprise emails and a package in the mail - contract kind of thing with EA and Will Wright/Maxis. What a thrill and honor. Michele got hers the next day. Well to cut the story short we had a ball testing and talking on the  Master himself - Will Wright on a few occasions over the next month and often with his team. It was November of 1999. The most amazing month ever and by Thanksgiving dinner that month  - all me and Michele could talk about. In fact. Lets just put it this way we have both been Simmers every since. Michele and I started a dynasty of Sims players over the year to come and have a whooping 32 family members and friends in our family who have become simmers including my first two granddaughters who grew up seeing this game since the day they were born.

We all still are avid simmer to this day and any family gathering becomes quickly talk about Sims instead of family  - lol. As my other two sons eventually married we got new simmers it seems  - we are a close knit family who loves to Sim and a strong support group to each other. When a sim problem comes out - who do they call - I'm the Sim Buster I guess - as they always call me and get right onto the problem and find solutions when any arise often faster then calling EA as we used to have to do.  That's my story and I think I will always be a simmer. My family as well been with you since before it started, bought every pack and still buy them all and play regularly.

Message 55 of 60 (1,115 Views)

@Writin_Reg Thanks for sharing your story. I've always loved to hear the stories of the people that are playing The Sims. And none of those stories was ever dull. 

In many ways, the original game is still my favorite. I'd wish to still have my CD's, but they were lost due to heavy use. Your imagination was the only limit in the gameplay. The modding community was doing some incredible things back then and the game was easy to mod. It had...personality. Something that a lot of modern games seem to lack. 

I caved in this year and started to play Sims 4, but between work and week-ends with family, my gaming time shrank considerably. I am also looking forward towards the new Sims 4 expansion (Get Famous) and i hope that in my winter free time i can get back to play Sims 4. My Sims are waiting for me to return, patiently. I just hope that they did not die of boredom or they are not angry with me for leaving them in their cozy homes, neglected. Standard smile

Message 56 of 60 (1,108 Views)

★ Novice

The great majority of games I have seen have a "KILL KILL KILL" mentality.

It's nice to find a game that seems to emphasize Life over Death.

Sure, you have some ghosts, but they aren't enemies. They are simply members of the Afterlife who have come back to visit loved ones.

The ability to construct lands and buildings to suit individual tastes is just as big an attraction for me.

I have The Sims 1,2,3, and 4 and out of all of them, Sims 3 is by far my favorite.

I just wish that ORIGIN would add the Sims 3 - Create-A-World

Why Not allow us to download this free app.?

My guess is BECAUSE it is free.  Origin probably doesn't allow it in their Game Manager because there's no Money in it.  

At least, I have yet to find a way to download it through Origin.

Message 57 of 60 (802 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I look at ghosts in the Sims as just another life stage and often  keep them around.

Message 58 of 60 (764 Views)

★ Apprentice

Check with Rflong 7 /13 - she is on the Sims 3 forum all the time and knows more about using that program than anyone. She still makes worlds for Sims 3 and they are amazing always. She can tell you how to download it and use it.

Message 59 of 60 (763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Ea,

I have been a Sims Fan since the the first Sims.  I see that you have Vampires in The Sims 4 now.  I love it, but where are my witches and werewolves.  You can't have vampires without werewolves or witches.  ijs

Forever a Fan

Nikki F

Message 60 of 60 (724 Views)