Re: Game Spotlight - The Sims series

by LadyGat

Original Post

The Sims

★★★★ Novice

- What brought you to play The Sims (franchise)?

Well, I actually first started off with the MySims franchise (for DS) when I was 6, so it wasn't until maybe I turned about 10 or 11 I got The Sims 3 (for console). Since then, I have been obsessed with the game, and just this Christmas (2016), I got the TS4.

- What is your all-time favorite Sims memory?

My favorite all-time Sims memory would have to be trying out the cheats in The Sims 4. I was playing around with the cheats one day, so I was in Build/Buy mode, trying to search something up, and while trying to search something, I typed in the letter 'D'... so 'debug' came in all caps, like this:**DEBUG**. So there were multiple of **DEBUG**'s in it, and when I saw the entire debug list, some of the objects creeped me out... some took a shape of a newborn baby, others were items that were used in Sims animations, and some had this big 'X' as it's thumbnail. But luckily, it didn't corrupt the game (or break it in any way), so I added some of the debug stuff into a house I was building, but they can't be interacted in any way (because they're not meant for players to find).

Anyhow, without it's original creator, Will Wright, The Sims and all of it's simmers wouldn't exisisted to this day, so thank you EA/Maxis for making this game come to where it is today... hope for The Sims future to become even more exciting!

Message 41 of 60 (1,188 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey my Sims 4 isn't working, is it for everyone else?

Message 42 of 60 (1,159 Views)

EA DICE Team

@IckegirlsForever

Sims isn't working for you?

AHHHH!!! *panics*

Could you let me know what the problem is? I can take a look for you, or request the expertise from the many Sims fans that have found their home on this forum.. Standard smile

Message 43 of 60 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What brought you into the Sims series?

Well I cant really say, I don't quite remember how I got started. I just know that I've been playing since SIMCITY in 1999 and still own every single Sims game since then.

What's your all-time favorite Sims moment?

I have to say that my favorite moment was when Sims 2 FreeTime was created. It was so cool to be able to build my own car and then put it on the road. I wish the sims4 had cars.

Message 44 of 60 (1,122 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been playing the Sims franchise ever since it launched with Sims 1.  I loved the idea of controlling little people and building their houses - I've always loved dollhouses and I collect dolls irl, so the game sucked me in thoroughly, for years!  Of course, I'm still playing today with Sims 4, although I prefer Sims 2 and 3 because of the CC, hacks and mods available; plus there's no animals in Sims 4 yet.  

I'm an avid gamer - though I don't have as much time now as I once did - and The Sims is the only game I've consistently played for 17 years.

My best Sims moment was working on a Gaming exhibition in New Zealand (I work in a museum) which had a section devoted to Sims retro gear, so I got to play Sims 1 at work during working hours.  It really brought back memories of how much I loved Sims1!  Will Wright's original plans for Sims 1, including sketches, mathematical equations, coding, and notes on graph paper, were also on display.

Message 45 of 60 (1,103 Views)

EA DICE Team

@LadyGat @mrsbarnes5

Thanks for sharing! :-)

It's lovely to read the stories from avid Sims fans.

Cheers,

Message 46 of 60 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice

well, I started playing the sims around the time the sims 4 got pools so not long ago and I haven't played sims 1 or 2 but ive played 3 and 4

Message 47 of 60 (1,078 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been playing sims ever since the sims 2 came out for the old xbox and the playstation portable, I fell in love with the series ever since and continue to play the sims today! It is one of my favorite games by far! 

Message 48 of 60 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have some expansion packs for the sims 4 but it origin will not let me download them on my new computer. Does anyone know how to help?

Message 49 of 60 (1,041 Views)

★★ Novice

That's strange.  If you had no problem d/loading the base game, then installing the expansions shouldn't be a problem.  You need to contact the Origin people first, I guess they'll need to know your setup on your rig.  You can also do a google search online and go look in various forums, undoubtedly someone will have experienced the same issue.  But first, ensure you've got the ability in settings on Origin to connect to the internet, and also that you allow Origin to update your base game.

Message 50 of 60 (1,023 Views)