Re: Game Spotlight - The Sims series

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87, thank you =) 

And... I have stupid question, In this thread can't talk about everything? Where this thread? I am not good at it in foreign discussion thread. I very sorry =) Maybe, anyone say about this? For example, this is not right? 

Message 11 of 60 (1,177 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Dedudamol

You can talk about anything and everything Sims in this thread. And on the Origin General discussion forum, you can talk about anything related to gaming.. :-)

You can also talk about Sims related stuff on the Sims Answers HQ forums if you want, but there are mostly support related discussion in there. I wanted to have a dedicated place on Origin as well, if any Simmers ever felt like stopping by for a chat in a non-support related environment. Origin is after all the platform that brings all of us gamer together!

If you are still unsure about what to post where, or you have some further questions - just let me know and I will be there for you.. :eahigh_file:

Cheers,

Message 12 of 60 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What brought you into the Sims series?

Back in 2002, my partner was really into SimCity (2000 or 3000, I forget which version). I got addicted to that, and then decided to check out The Sims. I started out with just the base game and Unleashed, then got the rest of the expansions. I've bought every major Sims game since, along with most of the expansions.

What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?

I really like Sims 2 Open for Business and Sims 3 World Adventures. I like the combination of goal-oriented gameplay with a sandbox environment.

What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?

It looks pretty, but it's lacking in challenge, and I really don't care for the implementation of emotions, which is the main feature of the game. I also miss the open world, and the color/texture picker. I would probably still be playing Sims 3 if it didn't crash frequently on my computer (I'm on a Mac).

I do very much appreciate the gender patch that came to Sims 4, though. It would be hard to go back to enforced gendered hairstyles, clothing, and accessories. I also like the improved build mode, which has made building lots much easier for me.

If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?

Tone down the focus on parties (which seems to be another main feature of Sims 4) and automatic socializing with everysim that walks by. Make the emotions and traits actually meaningful; two Sims who despise each other shouldn't engage in pleasant conversation when they meet or right after having a fight (I've witnessed this multiple times). ETA: The caption might call it an "abhorrent conversation" but the Sims don't actually act like it is one. OK, this is getting into bug/issues territory, sorry.

Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?

• Drew Carey showing up at parties, from Sims 1. Standard smile
  • The store and restaurant functionality from Sims 2 Open for Business.
  • The open world and World Adventures (with even more countries) from Sims 3.
  • Vehicles - Not just cars, but scooters and bicycles. I really loved those in Sims 3.
Message 13 of 60 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

The very first Sims game I played was Sims social on facebook, since then I got The Sims 2, 3, 4 and Freeplay, I love this series.

My favoraite Sims game is The Sims 3 because of the open world, but I love all Sims games I have.

About Sims 4 I kinda miss the open world from SIms 3, but Emotions, gaming skill and astronaouts made the game very fun for me.

The only thing i will change if very very minor, I heard that the Original Sims had black and white TV, I would like it in other Sims games (espectially on The Sims 3, since it happened before Sims 1)

I would love The Sims 1 make comeback on Origin, I want to complite my collection Standard smile

Message 14 of 60 (1,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Thank you very much @Straatford87 for noticing me about this thread because I really like to participate of these things.

It's a honor being recgonized as a fan of The Sims by the community itself! <3

So let's go!

1) What brought you into the Sims series?

- Basically by my older brother. When I was little I remember him bringing a CD of the first The Sims Complete Edition lent by his friend. I didn't know what The Sims was about but some hours of gameplay were enough to decide my love for the game. Some time later came The Sims 2, 3 and 4 and my love growned up day by day! Standard smile 

2) What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?

- The Sims 2 because was the game I most played when kid and I have good memories of it. I remember my mother guessing about the future of my Sims while mine wasn't so good as in game! =P Good times!

3) What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?

- The most beautiful game of all series with no doubt!
We can make Sims on our taste, the worlds are so beautiful, the graphics are epic and The Sims 4 are opening doors for people making more content like youtube videos and even sitcoms series. Perhaps the most optimized game of the entire series. But all things aren't just beauty ... right?
The game has too many bugs that make it unplayable some times and still never get fixed. The Sims 4 itself has a poor quantity of content for 3 years of existence. We need more GOOD expansions, GOOD packs and GOOD collections to make our money valid.

4) If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?

- For this current generation of The Sims I have no more hope on SO positive or radical changes. Maybe the future of The Sims can be with good releases and the developers hearing us in what the community has to say about our truly needs!

5) Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?

- Open Worlds, cars, a true PlantSim and one thing that I'm missing so much...traditional family missions!
I remember in The Sims 2 that some traditional families had especific missions/aspirations and completing it we achieve unique rewards for Sims. This kind of thing make the story of the game more rich and not so empity like The Sims 4 is now.

I think that is it!! 

Thank you very much for the invite! :O 

Message 15 of 60 (1,143 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ceunon20

No need to thank me.. thank you for being awesome and loving the Sims! :eahigh_file:

@mathematics654 @funcrunch @Dedudamol @LuvMySimz @fons_garmo @Henalexandre @Oneladyj2u @ceunon20

I also want to thank you all for stopping by and sharing your love for the Sims! 

How do you all feel about each others answers ? Are there many similarities in what you love about the Sims? Or perhaps many differences! Perhaps there are some answers that make you look at the Sims series from a new perspective? :-)

Cheers, 

Message 16 of 60 (1,126 Views)

Champion

I love The Sims.

• What brought you into the Sims series?
    I've been playing Sim games from Maxis since I was little, from SimCity to SimTower and SimAnt. When The Sims was released back in 2000, I definitely picked it up and it became one of my favourite games. I picked up every expansion pack and had so much fun watching my sims have adventures.
  • What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?
    So far, my all-time favourite was The Sims 2 – it was a massive improvement over the original game in so many ways, from visual style, to gameplay and the charm of the sims themselves. They became even more fun to play and create stories with. I smashed together all of the neighbourhoods into one giant uber-megahood and rotated play between each household, and my sims could visit any other neighbourhood and interact with any other sim in the game. That game was all about the stories you could create about your sims and sharing those with the community.
  • What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?
    It didn't like The Sims 3, so I stopped playing The Sims for years until I finally got The Sims 4 last month. The instant I loaded up The Sims 4, I loved it. It felt like The Sims 2 again, but with better graphics, a sleeker UI, better and more intuitive build mode tools, and most importantly smarter Sims that felt alive, could take care of themselves and were fun to play. The addition of emotional states makes the gameplay much more exciting, especially when I discover new interactions that my sims can do depending on their mood. The first time I saw "Take an Angry Poop" I just fell on the floor laughing. I think if The Sims 4 keeps adding new things and growing carefully and thoughtfully, (and by that I mean whenever they add a new feature I hope they take into account every previous stuff and game pack and add new skills, interactions, lot traits, community lot types, whims, club activities, etc. that expand possibilities on existing features) then I think The Sims 4 might just overtake The Sims 2 and become my all time favourite Sims game.
  • If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?
    I wish that bugs were more quickly identified and corrected. I get that a game as complex as The Sims will have some weird unforeseen stuff going wrong from time to time, but it's disheartening when I encounter some buggy behaviour, feature or gameplay issue, then do a Google search and find that it was first reported like two years ago and is still an open bug report issue. I'd like to be able to just play and not have to worry about things going wrong. Similiarly, I wish there was a better way to give direct feedback or suggestions for improvements, that I could track like bug reports where you can see if they are being considered or worked on and if progress is being made. For example, the Screenshot Capture Manager could use some more work, as I have to scroll through hundreds of old shots before I can caption the new ones and turn them into memories. At least have them display in reverse chronolgical order with newest first at the top!
  • Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?
    I wouldn't mind seeing a few new vacation destinations being added. I liked the different themed holidays my sims could go on in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage. I also would love if more seamless loading could be brought back. It doesn't have to be Sims 3 style open world, but at least within each neighbourhood, it seems to already load every lot in the area (I can even see all the furniture through the windows). It's most obvious in City Living, where I have to go through a loading screen to visit the apartment across the hallway. I remember back in The Sims 2 Apartment Life the other apartments would just fade in seamlessly.
Message 17 of 60 (1,121 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
  • What brought you into the Sims series?
    My Sister pointed out the game Sims2 to me in 2004. And after I saw what those pixel people can do I fell so much in love with the game. I purchased all the expansion packs as the arrived.
  • What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?
    Sims2 and all it's expansion packs because even though it's an older game it has much more possibilites and fine tuning, and much more better detailed programming.
  • What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?
    What I mostly like about Sims4 is the variety of CAS posibilities and that you can deside whether you want to give your pixel-people a free will or not. That was a huge step forward.
  • If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?
    Actually there is allot I would change if I start comparing Sims 4 with Sims2. Sims4 has better looking pixel-people, but too much focus on the party life. It also has a tremendous lag of dance and romance options. EA packed lots of cute moves in just ONE AUTO-DANCE. What about a couple or slow dance like in Sims2? We have lots of different radio stations and different clubs but only one dance. Sims dance the same ol' dance in EVERY club no matter if it's a party club or jazz lounge. We need more dance styles! It should be coded in a way that all the Sims incl. NPC's do NOT auto dance "disco style" to every radio station.
    The dances should kind of fit the music genre's we have. Because what's the sense in having different radio stations with just one dancing style? - And of course shorter Teenager.
  • Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?
    YES! Slow and couple dance for instance like we had in Sims2. The old Lady Miss Crumplebottom, and all the missing details like get slapped when get cought cheating on your partner or automatic actions like holding hands with your partner while sleeping. All the little things that once made the game so unique.
Message 18 of 60 (1,104 Views)

It's great to read others' answers! We're Simmers and we're loyal to our favorite franchise Standard smile We of course may have some criticism towards The Sims 4 or any other Sims game, but we love The Sims anyway! Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 19 of 60 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, @Straatford87. I like your icon. It's so 80's!

1. What brought you into the Sims series?

I'm a new player. Unfortunately I only knew The Sims 4.

2. What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?

Since I don't know the others, the sims 4 is probably my favorite.

3. What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?

The recent games tend to have beautiful graphics, ostentatious movies, sophisticated UI or the advanced technology such as VR, but the most important and fundamental thing for games is, I think, how fun the game play is, or how unstoppable to play they are. I hope The sims 4 developers keep pursuing what is fun for players and of course themselves, not facade.

4. If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?

For now, honestly I would like to fix those bugs and glitches of The Sims 4. This is the reason I came here first. I would like to play the game in the way it was originally designed.

5. Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?

I don't know but I believe the developers need to try something new more along with those retro elements. It's not so difficult to repeat and polish old things and get money from older generations for nostalgic replicated products. Innovation is tough and commercially risky but I think it's something they must have in order to survive in this market for long periods. So I would like to support new challenges as a new player.

Message 20 of 60 (1,092 Views)