Re: Game Spotlight - The Sims series

by fons_garmo

Original Post

Game Spotlight - The Sims series

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

thesims4.jpg

Hi everyone,

Each week, we're setting up a thread where you can discuss everything and anything about your favorite EA game series. This week, we're putting one of our longest running and most popular series in the spotlight - The Sims!

There's a lot to talk about - so to give you an easy start we've added some questions:

• What brought you into the Sims series?
  • What's your all-time favorite Sims moment?

Enjoy!

Message 3 of 60 (4,665 Views)

Re: sims collection

★★★ Novice

I have the Sims freeplay on my Apple Ipad and I like it, I can play whenever i'm out, I love the Sims.

Thank you

oneladyj2u

Message 1 of 60 (4,574 Views)

[ Edited ]

YAAAY!!! I am very glad, that find this thread! The Sims - is my live, and my love! I can't live without The Sims. Moderately, sure =)  When I was 6 years, me gave my first PC. And also was disk. It's was disk with base The Sims 2. Then I don't thought above plan house, and for example bought toilet an kitchen, sometimes built big square without inside walls and bought everything in stuff :D My Sims always has bad mood and often died by hungry, lol. It's about The SIms 2.

Now about The Sims 1. I never has this game myself. I had seen this game from a friend. I launched The Sims 1 on her computer, created a Sim and settled in house, After few minutes my Sim burned in fire. Lol. Then graphic game seemed to me terrible and... mystic? lol. In general, this game left horror memories))) And now, in 2016-2017 years I again back to The Sims 1. (actually, I played The Sims 1 in 2013 years, but then I played The Sims 3 Standard smile). And you know, I like this. Game is heavy, interesting. Magic - business card the game. But despite this, I faitful The Sims 2. My very-very sweet game! 

Well, now I'll say about The Sims 3. In 2009 year I bought base The Sims 3. Then I had shock! Graphic, unreally biggest world. The Sims series went to new level! Then appeared new EP, such as World Adventures, Careers... It seemed, all right? No. Together with a new Expancion pack drop performance game. Oh. Error 12, lags, bugs, stuck Sim's... Oh. It made me nervous. Mods (Master Controller, Overwatch, ErrorTrap. This mods clean up from game trash. For example, a lot of cars in baggage, boats...) can't return performance. Unfortunately, reasons was in game engine. I don't know, what is the reason in engine, but I read engine not so fast for processing information so game lags. But okay. Anyway, The Sims 3 has sweet world, lots, quest... This game interesting however problems =)

And so, I played in The Sims series 13 years! Uhhh... 

Hm... tomorrow I will complement this post =) 

And HEY SIMMERS!

Message 2 of 60 (4,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

I receive The Sims complete Collection 5/2/17 it downloaded great went to play and it ask for  administrations privilege login well that was not working so as of today i'm back to my  Sims 3 and 4 i'm back lol.

Sims Lady For life

oneladyj2u

Message 4 of 60 (4,530 Views)

Sul sul everyone Tongue out

• What brought you into the Sims series?

Well, it was a bit random, I found the game in a supermarket when I was 10 or something like that. It was The Sims 2 double Deluxe (with Nightlife) and I really enjoyed it. I was always playing with the Caliente family and the Goth. Then I think I bought every expansion pack until today ^^ I think I keep playing the Sims for its community. I'm part of several forums about the Sims and I met a few players IRL. The Sims brought me more things than a simple entertainement and that must be the reason why I am a fan of this game Standard smile

• What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?

The Sims 2 Open For Business is my favourite game ! I love it ! From time to time, I download the Sims 2 again on my computer to play to this EP. The employees system, the shop management,... I enjoyed every part, every feature of this game and that's something I was hopping for the Sims 3 and now The Sims 4. I was really disapointed in TS3 not to see an expansion pack or at least a stuff pack about this.

• What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?

I spent about 10 years playing The Sims series so I think I might have seen everything that is possible but each time, Maxis manage to make some surprises (who had the idea about the talking toilets ? Tongue out ) and that's what I like. I do not wait for the seasons or the pets, I'm just waiting to see what's coming next. Of course, I'm not playing as much as before (when I was young Devil ) but I still like to try the new features.

• If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?

I don't really think that there is something to change. We have a really great community and a game that is progressing (with the players help as we saw with the future stuff pack). For me, everything is all right Tongue out

• Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?

If I don't talk again about the shops, I have to say that I miss some creatures in The Sims 4. In the past games, you were able to play with aliens, werewolves, witches and so on. Now... well you can have some Plantsim, some ghosts but I don't get the difference with the other sims. I mean, they don't have much different powers that "humans" don't have. That's definitely something I would enjoy to see more in TS4.

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 5 of 60 (4,530 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Oneladyj2u @Dedudamol

Just a quick note that we now have a dedicated Sims thread! I've moved your posts in here - I hope you will enjoy because... Sims is life!

Message 6 of 60 (4,523 Views)
Highlighted

Simmer since I was 8, I looooved The Sims 1. It was so fun an creative, such an unique game even nowadays!

What brought you into the Sims series?

Honestly, I don't know Large smile I think I saw a TV ad because I remember asking my parents "Please pleaaaase buy me The Sims!" I've been playing since 2002 I think and I've never stopped doing it, I just fell in love.

What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?

The Sims 2, of course. It's just the perfect Sims game, it has everything we loved from The Sims 1 but improved and reimagined. It's great just because is as simple as The Sims 1 but at the same time it was so great with it's incredible 3D graphics and new gameplay like generations and growth.

What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?

I think The Sims 4 it's a bit like an "alternative universe" in every sense. In my opinion the game has some awesome features but at the same time it lacks lots of things in both features (like the open world or Create a Style from The Sims 3) and core gameplay features. The Sims 4 launched a bit "raw" and it has been improving since then, but it still lacks some things that long time players like me want. The way Maxis is launching the DLC is not good either for "completing" the game, with lots of small accesories packs just 1 or 2 expansions packs per year. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, who knows, but I prefered the way the launched content back in The Sims 2/The Sims 3 era.

In my opinion, The Sims 4 is not a bad game (I love the graphics, the performance, the style of the game, the CAS screen, the multitasking...) but for me it feels empty and even somehow just too easy to play. I still play The Sims 2 and I discover new things, while playing The Sims 4 is just boring for me as I've explored everything available.

If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?

I love the franchise as it is Standard smile I think it's great we have The Sims, as it's a very different game comparing it to what we're used to see from a AAA game.

Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?

Hmmm maybe the humour sense from The Sims 1 or The Sims 2, and also the complexity. The Sims 4 is so easy compared to The Sims 1!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 7 of 60 (4,517 Views)

What brought you into the Sims series?

What is your all-time favorite Sims game, and why?

What do you think of the most recent game, Sims 4?

If there's anything that you can change about the Sims, what would it be?

Is there anything from past Sims games that you would like to see make a comeback?

1. My knowledge with The Sims world began with my new PC (wrote up post). It's was... 2005 years? Hm. And I began play with The Sims 2. 

2. The Sims 2. The Sims 2 - make with soul... Fun to watch for emotion Sims. If your sim watch will notice betrayal, he is will begin cry. Very emotionally! Fun, sad, angry - everything look realistic =) Music of buy mode, build mode, in neighborhood screen... oh. Goosebumps! 

3. I was glad see Maxis developer. Maxis did The Sims 2. But, I was sad to hear about GP(Game pack). Results - veeery small Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs. The last GP - Vampires and EP - Living City have turned out cool. I hope it's will continue.

4.I don't know. If take open world in The Sims 3, interaction in The Sims 2, magic, system superstar from The Sims 1 - it's my ideal.

5. Superstar, magic, more interaction...

Message 8 of 60 (4,441 Views)

EA DICE Team

@rosemow @roberta591 @jpkarlsen @LadyAelswith @iimlana @3ukkie @simvasion @13Vader @LadyBirdGerhl @HippieWiccan13 @puderosasims @BryonyRae @rumbutter @LuvMySimz @funcrunch @JavaVerona @EuphorialQueen @SimmerLovingJewl @ceunon20 @LadyDarkSorrow

Hi all!

I've noticed that you're all active on the Answers HQ Sims forums, and that you're Sims fans. I just wanted to make you aware that we have a discussion thread going on here about anything and everything Sims.

I wanted to let you know in case you're interested in joining non-support related Sims discussion. 

Cheers,

Message 9 of 60 (4,430 Views)

★ Pro
Thanks @Straatford87
Message 10 of 60 (4,420 Views)