Game Spotlight - The Need for Speed series

by ivrognard

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed series

@Straatford87 would go with Command and Conquer. Due to unforeseen events (free day and friends dropping by) i will open that discussion tomorrow, unless someone else would go for another franchise.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 21 of 94 (725 Views)

EA DICE Team

@master2g

Pipe good, comfy undies bad! Large smile

What other games do you play mostly?

Message 22 of 94 (717 Views)

Hero (Retired)

1. My experience with the franchise started with Need for Speed II, which also happened to be my first game ever.

2. Need for Speed: High Stakes is my all-time favorite. It introduced plenty of new stuff to the game, and quite a few tracks were fun too. NFS III: How Pursuit and NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 are next on my list, followed by both Most Wanted (old one, then new one).

3. From recent entries... most recent NFS did a decent job, but races were kind of easy. It did a good job of introducing a bigger variety of race types though.

4. I would like to see more police... police that can be considered a challenge, not one that you have to intentionally tow behind you to get a longer chase.

5. Exploding barrels dropped by helicopter in Hot Pursuit 2 and cutscenes for arresting the driver. Especially this one: 

Ah, and more music from old NFS games in new ones. NFS 2015 already did a step in the right direction with taking some tracks (like Callista or Quantum Singularity) from old NFS and playing them in the garage, so that's a plus.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 23 of 94 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_Tom , lol, specify that my detailed description of undies bad.....comfy ones in general good . Tight crack evading ones not so much. Sorry hang on just got a message......Gary - "What ? I cant say tight crack evading on line,  giving those metal images grounds for banning !. " " oh ok, fair enough"  :P

Now that that bad comedy is over i will be serious. Well my taste isn't to varying really as i have enjoyed all of the games I have. Here is my current installed games via Steam and Origins.

Message 24 of 94 (701 Views)

EA DICE Team

@master2g

I can definitely appreciate your humor.. Large smile Won't ban.. yet (insert evil random overlord banning you meme here).

The threads about game series will be limited to EA game series, but you're picture has given some good examples. Thanks for sharing!

Message 25 of 94 (691 Views)

★★ Guide

@Straatford87

In a short time to come, this may be more of a reality, guiding our choice in gaming, over anything else (well except for 360 code id processors)

would be this unit:

JT3A1926-Version-2.jpg

I can't wait to play: Battlefield Invasion - Chapter 1 - The First Wave

Message 26 of 94 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Straatford87 , lol..I got tons of overlord banning images in my head now, cant focus !!...overloaded on images...so..many ....memes in head..cant process fast..enough

Totally understand games are to be EA related. I just wanted to show the complete master2g collection on hand as of late in regards to your question of what i play.

Some of them i haven't got to yet like Shadow of Mordor and Tomb Raider. Just now getting to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter now. Im guilty of slacking on the game play these days as life and work gets in the way right Standard smile .

Message 27 of 94 (675 Views)

★★ Pro

@xxxCROMxxx , Good example as that is becoming more and more a reality. I have seen some examples of these virtual reality motion deals on shows. I know that some find it so real that motion sickness take hold.

I always wondered how it would feel to try these as I will get motion sickness from the rare games that have a weird FOV sometimes. Not right at first but if i play long enough then eye strain and such brings it on. Talos Principle did that to me sometimes. The feeling of wanting to hurl really kills the gaming mood lol. :P

Message 28 of 94 (673 Views)

@master2g and i thought i have eclectic tastes Wink

Quite a few things stopping me from VR: poor eye sight, i have a predisposition for motion sickness (there were quite a few shooters that i could not play for more than half a hour, due to the poor FOV implementation), lack of space. But the tech seems to improve. The biggest problems for gaming VR is the lack of quality titles.Hopefully the big publishers/developers will start to bring some good titles on VR, too.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 29 of 94 (658 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xxxCROMxxx

That will be amazing when the time comes.. :-)

Though I must admit that at the moment my interest isn't really there yet. I will just follow the developments as they come along.

@master2g

I was impressed by your collection! 

Tomb Raider is great, and I've played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter as well which I also enjoyed. It's a bit short, but great. Haven't picked up Shadow of Mordor myself as I always hesitated if it would really be to my taste.

@ivrognard

I'm with you on the motion sickness. But it's just something that I would have to test - might not be an issue.

As you also mentioned, this technology is still at an early stage so I would like it to be more mainstream coupled with quality titles.

Message 30 of 94 (655 Views)