Re: Game Spotlight - The Need for Speed series

by Straatford87

Original Post

★★ Pro

Now I play much more Need for Speed then before, I got Origin Access and got Most Wanted 2012, Rivels and the 2015 game, Singleplayer wise I like the 2015, Multyplayer wise I like Most Wanted, since I like it seperated from the Single Player

Message 81 of 94 (876 Views)

★ Novice

1.So, which game brought you into the series?

Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit was the first one, since then I have played all. I just love NFS.

2.Which one is your all-time favorite and why?

Need for Speed Undercover, I know, the think is that is not underground, also is not most wanted, and I love that, simply amazing, (the handlig was a little bit all over the place, but that's fine).

3.What do you think of the recent entries?

I just finish playing NFS 2015, find it beautiful, also fun, but the online thing keeps me form enjoying it, like I do with The Run (I know, so short) and Hot Pursuit 2010.

4.What would you change?

Anything really, each game has it's own carisma and influence, the whole aesthetic, so, yeah, maybe that anytime soon other NFS game become always-online again.

5.What would you like to make a comeback from the past games?

Pursuit Breakers, for anahilating cops.

6.Your personal top NFS games

- Undercover

- Most Wanted

- Carbon

- The Run

- Hot Pursuit 2

- Hot Pursuit (1998)

- Hot Pursuit (2010)

- Underground 2

- Underground

Can see I just jump back and forward through the ages, but that list has changed over the years, the game in the top is the game I reinstalled and played more than twice, the last one being the only NFS game I have not played in a long time, right between The Run and Hot Pursuit 2 I will put the rest of the franchise (TNFS, NFSII, High Stakes, Porsche, Shift 1 & 2, etc).

Message 82 of 94 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

1.So, which game brought you into the series?

i would have to say Need For Speed 2015

and underground

2.Which one is your all-time favorite and why?

Need For Speed 2015 and Underground

3.What do you think of the recent entries?

i love it it makes raceing so much funner and easyer to play 

4What would you change?

well i would add neon undercar kits and neon for the inside like 2 fast 2 furious 

5.What would you like to make a comeback from the past games?

hmm older cars like chevy ford trucks older style of car's

6.Your personal top NFS games

Need For Speed 2015 

Message 83 of 94 (849 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@Mighoet @HardCor3Gam3r88

Thanks for stopping by! It's great reading about your Need for Speed stories :-)

Message 84 of 94 (835 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

always bro always glad to help in any way Standard smile and to be a good member 

Message 85 of 94 (829 Views)

Re: Need for Speed series

@Straatford87 wrote:

@TheRealJony

Welcome back! And what a comeback I might add.. :D

Sorry to hear that you're bored at work, but luckily Answers HQ is always waiting for a chat if you're up for it.. :-)

@Straatford87 Don't tell my boss, but I always lurk in Answers HQ every day. Download laughing 21

I got busted a few times over the past few weeks, so now my lurking is at a minimum. lol

@Straatford87 wrote:

Too bad that you're disappointed with Payback. Though from your description, it's just not your style so that is understandable. But then again, perhaps the game will surprise you?

I did sign up for NFS Payback beta for PC so I can make a better judgment of the game, but I'm not expecting much.

I've learned to keep my expectations low for video games, like what my signature says, so I'll be less disappointed later on. With newer and better graphic games being released, our expectations keep getting higher and higher and that could possibly plummet into the ground with disappointment.

My preferred driving style is the "Grip" driving from NFS games made by Black Box. (The dev team behind the Underground series, Most Wanted 2005, Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover, World, and The Run)

They have been closed since April 25, 2013, so my hopes of NFS games with the same "Grip" physics from Black Box are thrown out the window.

Have you signed up for NFS Payback beta? If so, what platform?

@Straatford87 wrote:

Since you mentioned that you were waiting for a new NFS PC game, what were your thoughts about NFS 17?

I never played Need For Speed 2015 (Need For Speed Reboot).

And unless I somehow get a free copy of the game (from Origin's On The House promotion for example), I'll never play it.

Ghost Games has left the game running with no new content coming for the game. There could be server maintenance performed on a weekly basis to "replace the hamsters", but that's about it. (Same as The Crew 1 from Ubisoft)

Since Need For Speed 2015 (Need For Speed Reboot) is an online-only game, there would be some time in the future that Ghost Games announces Need For Speed 2015 (Need For Speed Reboot) will be permanently shut down on a specific date and will be unplayable afterwards from that date.

When I buy something, I want to keep it forever. Just like Single Player offline games in the past.

I did play NFS World in the past, but it was permanently shut down on July 14, 2015.

NFS World was an online-only game (Just like Need For Speed 2015 or Need For Speed Reboot), but it was also a free-to-play game so I didn't mind at all.

What's your opinion about Need For Speed 2015 (Need For Speed Reboot)?

@Straatford87 wrote:
@TheRealJony

Underground definitely never gets old.. :eahigh_file:

I agree!  Download laughing 22

@CasperTheLich wrote:

anyone have a favorite car? in underground i got hooked on the MX-5, the way i outfitted it nobody could figure out how to drive it but me. it could out run & out turn any car my friends had. i loved that car.

@CasperTheLich My favourite car is Nissan GT-R (R35). The first NFS game it debuted in was Pro Street with both Nissan GT-R Prototype and Nissan GT-R (R35).

The GT-R looks so dang good all around. The headlights and taillights (especially the circular taillights) look so cool!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 86 of 94 (779 Views)

@TheRealJony that's a beautifully detailed post and is nice to see someone that appreciated EA Black Box's work. If Porsche was one of my all time favorites, the NFS games developed by Black Box were the ones that gave me the fun hours. I was sad when i heard about their closure. And i definitely can understand the whole SP offline experience. Or wanting to keep those games forever (or at least as long as they can be played on modern OS).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 87 of 94 (761 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I really enjoyed reading your post @TheRealJony. Being a long time Need for Speed fan, this brings some really good and warm memories. Sadly, I did not player 2015 remake as much, but graphics does looks great. Looking forward for Payback. All this action and unique cars collecting does sounds great. This might be just the right thing this franchise needs, something, what will make exploration interesting.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 88 of 94 (733 Views)

EA DICE Team

@master2g @xxxCROMxxx

Please check your private messages :-)

Message 89 of 94 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro