Game Spotlight - The Dragon Age Series

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Game Spotlight - The Dragon Age Series

@mathematics654  Aveline as a tank is quite great. It was the one character that helped tremendously when i encountered the dragons and the High Dragon. She took the blunt of the attacks while Anders, Varric and my Marian Hawke rogue dealt the damage. When the High Dragon started to bring in drakes and dragonlings, Aveline was the one that kept them there, while Anders would use his healing spells to keep her alive.

My usual party has a mage (healing and elemental damage, prefferably), a tank, a rogue and any other damage dealer (either a second mage or another rogue). Draining the enemies fast of their life avoids prolonged battles, so you will be less dependent on potions and healing. Choosing the right weapons and armor is also a must. Cross-class combos can help exploit the various effects (brittle, disorientation, stagger). Those will help you deal more damage and debuff the enemies, while certain combos will even lead to a much faster health regeneration.

RPG's can be highly addictive when you master the basics and understand their mechanics. And once you start mastering them, you will discover that there are very few other genres that will give you the same level of enjoyment. They are offering you the possibility to role-play, action, story and a lot of other things. It will also require careful thinking and many times you will ask yourself how your dialogues will alter the outcome of a quest.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 41 of 43 (194 Views)

★★ Pro

@ivrognard My plan is two warriors, a healer mage and a rough, that way I can use all female chactures (when I will find Isabale, the female Rough), I dodn't know muh about the trees so I need to see if I made them right, I know what I want from my worriers and mage, what the best tree for my Rough?

Message 42 of 43 (186 Views)

@mathematics654  best mage in the game, if you do not play as a mage, is Anders. Varric has a better chance of survival than Izzy, as he's a ranged character and has access to a lot of threat reduction skills. Aveline is the best tank in the game, while Fenris is an offensive warrior, but with less survivability. Merril....nope, not so useful, sadly. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 43 of 43 (182 Views)