Re: Game Spotlight - The Dragon Age Series

by Straatford87

Original Post

Game Spotlight - The Dragon Age Series

EA DICE Team

DAlogohi-res2.png

Hi everyone,

This one is for all you RPG and Adventure fans! 

Each week we're setting up a thread where you can discuss anything and everything about your favorite EA game series. This week we're putting the spotlight on Dragon Age!

There's a lot to talk about, but here's some questions to get the discussion started:

• What brought you into the Dragon Age series?
  • What is your all-time favorite Dragon Age game, and why?
  • What do you think of the most recent game, Inquisition?
  • What is your favorite moment in Dragon Age, ever?
  • What do you hope to see for the future of Dragon Age?

Lastly, this topic is an open discussion about anything Dragon Age. Feel free to stray from the above questions if you so wish.

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 43 (1,067 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mcsupersport @Teknikah @Fenrispro8 @WitchEatingAToad @rainintheforest @emenyspotted @Djiann @MR_SERENITY1993 @ic3creamman @Persican @HarelVireth @Bellanaris88 @Nocturnalmuggle @Malagan42 @petee22 @IndianaJinx @DmitriStormblood @EnigmaticHeretic @0reoFabulurch @theltgenspartan

Hi all,

From your activity on the Dragon Age section on Answers HQ, it appears that you're a fan of the Dragon Age series.

I just wanted to make you aware that we've opened up a discussion about the series on the Origin Community forums. If you're looking for a place to discuss Dragon Age with other players in a non-support environment, then we would love to have you over!

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 43 (1,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

What a timing! I finished yesterday my Dragon Age: Inquisition trial singleplayer, I think it's great!

I don't know much about other PC Dragon Age games, but the mobile game is very good, I just hope there won't be any shadow demons in there, this is the moster I remember the most from the trial bvecause it's kinda freak me out..

Message 3 of 43 (1,034 Views)

1. Dragon Age: Origins - one of the last old school RPG's. Great companions, good story, decent side quests.

2. DA:O - see above

3. DA:I - the MMO type side quests kind of put me off. Story is decent, the companions could have been better, but i've seen much, much worse, so they are not exactly an issue. Overall, i enjoyed it, though, so far (still playing it)

4. Isabella returning to the fold in DA2 (yes, my character romanced her). 

5. Much better side quests, a better choices and consequences system: think Fallout, Witcher, Alpha Protocol style, games where you won't see the results of your actions until a certain point in the story. Side quests should be linked to the main story and influence it directly. Forget about the tasks system - it feels as lazy design. 

Now for my free talk:

In terms of gameplay i prefer DA:O. No doubts there. But as the story goes, DA2 was beautiful (yeah, i know, not a popular opinion, but that is my opinion, so deal with itStandard smile). Yes, DA2 had recycled environment, the city did not seem to change with the passing of time, but you can't beat that story.

Between the three main characters (The Warden, Hawke and The Inquisitor), i choose The Warden. I've played dwarven noble female and i loved that you had a story arc that would require to make a really tough choice: would you get your vengeance upon your brother, the one that fragged you badly, the one that assassinated your older brother, or you will support him, knowing that his ideas will end up moving a stagnating societies, though walking on the corpses of whomever will disagree?! Tradition versus progress, self-interest versus the greater good. Both have their merits. 

My second favorite character is the female Hawke (rogue). I've tried hard to stay in the balance, by judging the acts of each faction. Sometimes i favored the templars, sometimes the mages. I've ended up supporting the mages. I was never a fan of the Chantry, templars or of The Circle. All were aspects of a system that i loathed. Hey, i am chaotic neutral, i have to act upon my beliefs, right?!

No opinion upon The Inquisitor, yet. Will update accordingly.

In terms of companions: Leliana (loved her storylines), Zevran (fun to have around), Varric (who doesn't like Varric, seriously?!), Cassandra and Aveline (both strong women with a good story to support that), Morrigan (can we get her back?!), Oghren (hey, he cracked me up with his antics every time), Isabella (a pirate, a rogue and a troublemaker, but you could count on her) and Vivienne (damn, the lady was the perfect politician).

Oh well, i ended up with another textwall...Again!Standard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 43 (1,018 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately it is difficult to enjoy the first two dragon age with all the problems that Origin has with these titles, first dlcs that were downloaded without sound and now simply do not download.

Message 5 of 43 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GeneralFuria85 I own all the DLC's for the ME and DA and have no trouble. They have sound and they've downloaded properly. 

Did you try using the beta version of the client? That's the one i use.

Also, i have installed at this moment the whole of DA and ME series, so i can say that everything works properly (playing or replaying them)

Some of the possible suspects for sound not working as intended: outdated sound drivers, one of the redistributables did not installed properly (Visual C++ redist, DirectX or .net Framework)

As for things not downloading: an Windows update that might have reactivated your Windows Firewall and put Origin into the block list, corrupted client cache. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 43 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Install Dragon Age 2 a week ago without problems, except for the sound problem that was solved by adding files, today I reinstall it, after the failed update of Origin, I get the error 327684: 1 when installing dlcs. It is not my PC problem, since I can download all the contents of DAI, MEA and ME2 without any problem, it only happens with DA2 and DAO. Even format my PC and continue.

Message 7 of 43 (998 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I personally have never had any problems with the DA series except for the odd crash here and there. I'm in the habit of saving frequently thanks to a game I broke because I modded it to  hell (but I love it that way).

On my 3rd playthrough of DAI now (currently dragging Varric, Dorian and Cassandra down through Valammar)

Thinking of starting DA2 again when I finish this one, just got the final fight left, gotta rack up that power!

I initially played origins a long time ago, I'd always get to meet Alistair and King Cailan then suddenly stopped playing for no reason. I finally commited to it and I'm so glad I did... I fell completely in love with DA.

Message 8 of 43 (974 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Teknikah @GeneralFuria85 @ivrognard @mathematics654

My all-time favorite area in the Dragon Age series is Brecilian Forest - what a great atmosphere!

What about you? Standard smile

Message 9 of 43 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Straatford87

I only played the trial, so I haven't been in much, I will say hinterlands since this the one I remember the most

Message 10 of 43 (953 Views)