Game Spotlight - The Dead Space series

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Game Spotlight - The Dead Space series

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello @Straatford87

Yes, there has been a lot of discoveries of recent. I'm hoping to see a friend this Friday to discuss our next mission theme at NASA. I was supposed to see him last week, but unforutnately he was still visiting his interests in China. He should be available tomorrow. He is a professor and we often discuss things of mutual benefit.

I'm currently just following Cassini around Enceladus. Such a serene and beautiful place.

Plus she showed me why the hexagon at the North Pole of Saturn changed colour on me like it did, before she moved on to Enceladus

My love for Juno is also legendary. Thus I'm currently following her :

NASA Juno Mission Control

My professor designed Juno, and she's affectionaly named after a cat that has sadly passed on.

We often marvel at her 84.000 miles a second speeds whilst instrumentation is deployed.

We just couldn't do that before the redesign.

I would love to continue with the main theme that you found mind blowing, but until I have discussed it with my professor and corrected the appropriate algebra and formulas involved it would be unsubstantiated. Plus it's always best to discuss theory before it's published.

Basically we have to rewrite Relativity

We have all the facts we need but indeed, it's a complicated one..

What we discussed this week was NASA's next mission theme, as we are all still arguing what to do next. I personally will be pushing for The Saturn Probe. 

Also over at the CERN reactor, we are around 80% ready to conduct our next experiment. 

I will be pushing to collide our gold particle at our newly discovered meta material metallic hydrogen as I know by doing so I could discover dozens of new elements very easily. And us scientists love adding to the periodic table.

These are the six mission types we have to get down to just the one

Message 81 of 119 (1,601 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RSebire

Did you study mathematics or physics at university? That sounds like very theoretical work you're up against. Wink

I'm more a man of biology, chemistry and biochemistry, but I left the university labs a long time ago. So no research for me anymore. Frown
I must admit I always had a strong love for astronomy. My favourite moon is Titan. Seas and rivers + snow and rain of alkanes at temperatures of 90 K, that has to be "super cool" Wink to see photos of such beauty. I was pretty cross when I found out that Titan was practically destroyed by mining operations in Dead Space 2. The Sprawl being my favourite moon! Wicked! Wink

Message 82 of 119 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@DarkBanishing

Neither, wish I had. I did Business, Finance and International Monterey Law for my degree at Univeristy as I always end up working better on my own.

Wish I'd done a science, but money was more important at the time. I've gotten around because of it, Africa, India, Saudi and all over Europe. I've done business in so many countries all around Earth I often forget which ones I haven't.

I'm a keen genetics engineer though.

Love splicing many things

I'm know for growing blue square tomatoes. We've trailed them in the NHS has they do indeed just turn off cancer, even aggressive forms apparently.

Have you seen the blue strawberrys? We took the gene from the flounder fish which produces its own antifreeze and added to the strawberry in the intention of being able to grow them during the winter. Them turning blue was just a by product.

I do teach, and run a gardening group for the HNS, mainly for disabled kids. 

A few years ago in the pub though I learnt not to say to much about genetics. I showed a farmer that you could splice a tomato onto a potato, and he now produces them all the time. The idea was to provide twice the drops in the same space.

Other projects we have are glow in the dark bonsai Christmas trees and of course good old mimosa pudica. I love plants, and mimosa pudica or as it's also know, The Sharman plant and its muscles and the way you can control its movements are always a good experiment to do with the students

Did you know now that we've programmed plants to actually be bomb detectors?

Anyone with one, the plant will just point them out.

Amazing what we can do with genetics nowadays.

Have you done much gentetic engineering? I recently made all my mono genetic stock nitrogen fixing Which is another major step forward.

Such progress recently...

I envisage being able to design a seed with the nitrogen fixing bacteria and to be able to cast it out into the dessert, only to return later to find an Oasis. The seed would germinate and never need nitrogen from the environment as the bacteria inside it will produce it all for it. Eventually becoming an Oasis in th dessert.

Srry, for going on, I did just say I wouldn't discuss to much. NDA's and such

Im also very much into Astronomy and Astro Physics 

Im currently quite well versed on Quantum Mechanics and Theory as it helps with anatomy.

That whole quantum entanglement thing makes sense on so many levels

Anyways, I will catch up with you again in the future I'm sure. 

Oh, and before I go, I agree. Titan has a lot going for it, we really did argue about what was going on with it for quite some time. Those mystery islands that it had coming and going where the cause for many heated debates

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160307.html

(Juno is making her way to the North Pole of Saturn again. It's gonna take awhile to get their, but we really need to see deeper inside that hexagon. This picture is from Saturn today. It's so fresh, it's almost live, from Saturn..it's the South Pole )

Message 83 of 119 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This arrived on Earth this evening.

Its from my Juno as she's heading north back to that Hexagon at the North Pole of Saturn

NASA Plasma Sounds at Jupiter!

https://soundcloud.com/nasa/plasma-sounds-at-jupiter

So imagine those storms from the latest picture then play this to go with it. Immense.

And it really does sound like outside the ship in Dead Space, there's an uncanny similarity

Message 84 of 119 (1,583 Views)

@RSebire

This is the sound of survival horror! Large smile

@Straatford87

You got to hear that sound, perhaps a candidate for background noises in dead space 4? Wink

Message 85 of 119 (1,576 Views)

Re: plans for new dead space game?

★★★ Novice
It have to be better the 1 & 2 if it had coop like 3 it must have to be harder win coop happens each time if it haves new game plus enemys and difficlty get much harder regardless of course max heath would have special levels the go bye difficulty weapons crafting have to be better then ds3. And the lockdowns must become longer each. difficulty and Isaac Clarke finally go off the wall crazy from long term marker exposure aftar he prologue he would become a Hunter necromorph and it be up to the player to stop him some how and if I'm right ds4 will be on earth if it go on from ds3 awakened. So a lot more weaponry possible but the also need a little more free room look around and if you stay in 1 spot to long a horde of necromorph come out of no were. Once cleared you have a x amout of time to stock up and run before next horde 3x the last size and so on because survive able of course more Gore scares as well so much it must make the hair on the player back of that nack stand up. And the enemy patterns of attacks must random. Even add more enemys plus a ghosting one as a special kind if it sneaks up on the player automatically dies if in co-op is a 3 second Window to kill it also isaac finds his ex before he goes crazy and she trys to help. You can gess were I'm going also sorry if my spelling is bad in spots
Message 86 of 119 (1,564 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @RSebire

I heard the sounds as soon as they popped up on the news website that I'm following. It's incredible!

And in the right setting or game, it could certainly be used to make things creepy as well.. :D 

@cancats

That would make for an interesting setting.. :eahigh_file:

Have you been running around with this idea for a long time?

Message 87 of 119 (1,553 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sigh, I'm missing Dead Space 4 already and the game isn't even in development yet. Frown

But there will be more Alien movies in stead. Party hat

Wish list for 2018: EA announcing the final episode of it's well praised Dead Space series. Fingers crossed

Message 88 of 119 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 @DarkBanishing

I saw my my professor friend this week, so I learnt quite bit.

We discussed negative mass. And after studying the formula for it, it's actually just negative mass effect.

Its not actually negative mass. By making the atom behave in the opposite way, it behaves as negative mass, but it isn't.

Can't wait for the next North Pole shoot of Saturn to see if there is anything really deep in the eye of the storm.

Another candidate for a Dead Space 4 would be MU69. We discovered it back in 2005.

New Horizons is on her way there now. My proffessor has components on it so we are hopeful for some data to analyse shortly.

As the planets rotate around the sun, the sun is moving through space quite fast. And our solar system sometimes gets close enough to other solar systems to leech a few planetary objects here and there.

Its a billion miles out past Pluto and it takes 295 years to orbit the Sun, but if it is totally alien to our solar system we might be in for a treat.

Is Dead Space 4 quietly under construction? I've see a few sites saying that it's being started on.

Fingers crossed either way

Message 89 of 119 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes a little bit but I don't work at ea.
But my ideal on it would need a good while of time to fix what ds3 did because of so many problems people had but at the same time if my ideal was not done right it would end dead space plus the games chapter would be at least 31.

Btw does any one no if dead space 1 & 2 remastered is coming to ps4
Message 90 of 119 (1,529 Views)