Game Spotlight - The Dead Space series

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: The Dead Space series

@Straatford87

Oh my god, IT'S THE MARKER! Don't let it get inside your head!

-DB scrapes his throath Embarrassed- Sorry for the lame joke. I truely hope you'll get to play it soon of course without you getting a headache.

Message 61 of 119 (1,350 Views)

Re: The Dead Space series

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I love Dead Space!

The first game I played is... well.. the first game, I had EA Access for month on Xbox and this is one of the games I played there, and it's still my favorite since it's the only one I finish (I'm in the middle of 2 now), I really hope for Dead Space 4 (maybe even a crossover with Mass Effect), right know there if nothing I would change in this series, it great Standard smile

Message 62 of 119 (1,342 Views)

Re: The Dead Space Series

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry t hear about your motion sickness. 🤔

This can be alleviated though through the use of correctly configuring you software.

Tom, I assume your using Origin on the PC

Firstly, you will need a quick self diagnosis

1) If your colour blind, install  Vision Pro, as that will really help.

2) Turn on location services in Windows 10 and come sunset it will also do similar, by reducing the blue light

3) Your refresh rate. I know and have been saying for years, what's optimum is different for each viewer if you will, but getting this sorted will really help the eyes and thus your inner ear/motion sickness

Firstly Tom, nobody really see's 200htz, turn it down to something like 50Htz for a smoother picture. Also get your contrast correct so you don't have overbearing bright whites. Go for 4K HDR is your lazy, as this is going to be correctly set. But adjusting the contrast and brightness so they are not as intense could help.

4) Also, go for a BIG Screen, as that will definitely help with your motion sickness as it should be easier to see. 55' 4K HDR Samsung's have a GAME mode. Bet you that would help.

Anyways Tom, been busy. Doing the Sea of Theirs Technical Alpha on the Xbox One S when Rare allow me. I've got the PREY Demo lined up for tonight too.

And having a blast in Astroneer when I have time.

Heres my best picture of the month. I got this one from Cassini about a forthright ago. She was doing around 74.000 miles per second as she passed through two of Saturns rings. As she did, she looked back and took a picture, and low and behold, off between the rings, you could indeed make out Earth 🌏 I have seen many pictures of Earth 🌏 from the Moon 🌙 and Elsewhere in my time. But this one really stands out as a new perspective.

Im sure Dead Space 🚀 on Saturn would look very Similar 

Message 63 of 119 (1,339 Views)

Re: The Dead Space Series

EA DICE Team

@RSebire

Cheers for that! I'm impressed by your tips and hopefully that will help me out.

Glad to hear that you've been enjoying other games as well in the meantime. I don't want to go off-topic, but I hadn't heard about Sea of Thieves yet and just checking it out made me instantly intrigued. If you want to talk about it some more, could you let me know about your experiences with the game in the weekend thread? I would like to keep the discussion in this thread about Dead Space.

Thanks again!

Message 64 of 119 (1,325 Views)

Re: Game Spotlight - The Dead Space series

★★ Pro

@Straatford87

Since both games have Faster then Light spaceships, and both are in the 22nd centery, would you like a Dead Space - Mass Effect crossover? I actally thought it could be very cool

Message 65 of 119 (1,288 Views)

@mathematics654 Kind of different beasts. One is geared towards action RPG (ME), the other is a survival horror (now an action horror) game. Sure, we can make a scenario where Normandy/Tempest enters the Dead Space universe (the other way around is less likely, due to the different scope of the game). It does sounds cool, thoughStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 66 of 119 (1,284 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654 @ivrognard

I'm personally a fan of the fast-paced gameplay that we have in Mass Effect. If you combine that with the creepiness from Dead Space, then I would be absolutely sold!

For example, one of our older titles, Undying, had fast gameplay but was still really scary.

Message 67 of 119 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I know that the genres at quite diffrent, but I ment more like Simcity and The Sims, wihich have verios connections, throught one is a city manangement game and the other is life simulation game, but have some connections, also, the ganres are not so diffrent, both Dead Space and Mass Effect are Action Sci-FI games, it's not like tried to connect Need for Speed to Dragon Age

Message 68 of 119 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@mathematics654 @ivrognard @RSebire @DarkBanishing

Check this Dead Space video. It's based on Unreal Engine 4.

I don't see any difference. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 69 of 119 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's nice, but in the atrium there seems to be missing volumetric god rays and the transparencies need work.

I've used the Unreal Engine in the past as it allows me to make and sign my own .pkg's for PlayStations.

Anything you make in Unreal will work flawlessly. Just put it on a USB and your game will appear on the Hypervisor. PS I don't encourage piracy....

My favourite tech demo, where you can see those volumetics and transparently done right.

https://youtu.be/DRqMbHgBIyY

As we are dissusing tension, horror and fear in games such as Dead Space, there's a new one n the block that can unnerve most. It's called Dark Echo. It's for iOS

But from what I've read it's nightmare inducing

https://youtu.be/tuOC8oTrFbM

Each time I post here I say hello to @Straatford87 and normally leave with a Dead Space themed picture.

I got this one in the last 2 weeks. It comes from Cassini.

The first time I saw the shadow on Saturns rings I had to double check. It looks so out of place, but it's due to the darkness of space, you'd never expect to see a shadow in it so vast.

Message 70 of 119 (1,240 Views)