Re: Game Recommendations?

by ivrognard

Original Post

Game Recommendations?

★★★ Newbie

I just got $60 from my Battlefront 2 refund, and I'm not super familiar with a lot of games on Origin bc I usually use steam. Does anyone have any recommendations?? I usually play anything but puzzle games

Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)

★ Pro

Could try Battlefield 1, if multiplayer warfare is your thing.

Message 2 of 5 (354 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@Apoch02  if you play anything, you can never go wrong with The Sims series.

Nice hidden gems in the store: The Saboteur, Mercenaries 2, Kingdom of Amalur, Mirror's Edge series.

Dragon Age series and the Mass Effect series are another good choice, but some of those games would require extra investment into Bioware Points, so you could buy the story DLC's or any other DLC that would attract you. The Crysis series are a good pick for their SP campaigns. Same goes for the old Medal of Honor games (the ones in the WW2 setting, the modern ones are decent, but not that special).

Sim City 4 and Sim City 2013 might satisfy your city building needs.

Command and Conquer collection is fun, but you need some extra work to make the old titles from the collection to work in Windows 10 (tutorials are available in the dedicated AHQ board, thoug).

The Dead Space series (especially the first one) can provide a good scare and a nice survival horror experience.

I would recommend the older NFS titles that are still available in the store (Shift, Shift 2 for circuit racing, The Run, Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted 2012) for your racing needs. Also Burnout Paradise.

Generally, i would recommend buying only EA games from the store. Everything else is available elsewhere (Steam, GOG, uPlay). 

If you need more help, let me know. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

If you want to try some of the games mentioned, you can check out the trials and demos in Origin, then give them a go before committing. 

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/free-games

If you went for SWBF II initially you might have been looking for a large-scale battle game, so perhaps Battlefield 1 will be what you're looking for. There's a trial for it anyway if you want to try it. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 are both fantastic options. The new Turning Tides DLC for Battlefield 1 is absolutely beautiful.

Message 5 of 5 (255 Views)