Re: Game/Library Sharing (similar to Steam)

by 365892

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game/Library Sharing (similar to Steam)

★★★ Newbie

Game/Library Sharing (similar to Steam)

EA: Please make this a feature quickly! I find it quite hard to believe that you haven't implemented this feature yet, despite so many requests and complaints about not having it (and no doubt losing customers to boot).

My daughter plays one or two games in my library, and has to log in to my account to do so (she does have her own account) and it's quite inconvenient, whereas with Steam it has made the process far easier. I don't understand the difficulty of this sharing. If I was a console user, I could literally share any game disc with any other console user let alone just within the household.

I have avoided buying games on Origin for some time, since the question of library sharing has been avoided and largely ignored. Looking at things, many other people have done exactly the same.

Are you able to explain why this hasn't yet been implemented, or indeed why it's been ignored by the company despite the amount of requests for this on your forums over the last 5+ years?

Message 1 of 5 (689 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @HickCop you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to take a look and advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (568 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @blokefromhull.

I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a game share now? Because I just bought battlefront 2 and accidentally logged into it on my girlfriends account and now I can’t log on to it with my account, it’s stuck on her account. 

Message 3 of 5 (590 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HickCop you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to take a look and advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@HickCop wrote:

Is there a game share now? Because I just bought battlefront best tennis rackets 2 and accidentally logged into it on my girlfriends account and now I can’t log on to it with my account, it’s stuck on her account. 

sometimes it happens no need to worry.

Message 5 of 5 (295 Views)