Game Economy

by D3loFF

Original Post

Game Economy

★★ Guide

Hello,

As I'm reading the forums I see many people complaining about either there is nothing they can do after leveling up the normal levels/battle pass levels or about the in-game currency. Both things are connected and I'm actually feeling the same. At the current moment the game lacks proper in-game economy.

To Developers:

Guys, the players need more versatile economy. No one is going to pay for the old content (which is quite expensive) - understand that. And if less and less people are willing to pay and willing to play where are we going?

- we need more easily acquirable crafting materials (via Events; Apex Packs, in-game currency)

- we need Apex Packs rewards for the match winners;

- we need to do something with those Legend Tokens (red currency) of which I have 70 000; Let us buy crafting materials/apex packs/trade with it - something to do with it at least.

- consider an in-game trading or something of this kind;

Those things are important. The game has so much potential and it is not only a Battle Royale FPS. It is quite more complex than it looked at the launch. Many new features are needed as in 2019 players are quickly losing interest and more complex games are required.

The community is just huge and demanding and if you want to keep it that way you need to implement more features in order to be competitive on the market which again as many people have said has raised the bar quite high.

This game needs economy!

Message 1 of 6 (358 Views)

Re: Game Economy

Champion (Retired)

@D3loFF  Some interesting suggestions there. What kind of events do you have in mind to earn crafting materials? Do you think there should be some challenges to earn mats such as getting kills with a particular weapon or earning a number of wins?

Message 2 of 6 (302 Views)

★ Guide

What you're asking for is for them to nerf their sole income stream. Remember this is a f2p game, it can't be that everything can be got for free, players need to pay money to get the good stuff. 

Message 3 of 6 (289 Views)

★★★ Expert

As someone who spent 410 euro to get stuff.

No!  Im gonna be livid if a bunch of freeloaders get supporters perks for free.

This game costs money to make, and if everything is for free, this game wouldn't be able to exist in the first place.

Message 4 of 6 (279 Views)

★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

As someone who spent 410 euro to get stuff.

No!  Im gonna be livid if a bunch of freeloaders get supporters perks for free.

This game costs money to make, and if everything is for free, this game wouldn't be able to exist in the first place.

1. If you want to leave no one stops you.

2. Even if that is true that you spent 410 euros in this game you are representative of the smaller percent of this games population.

3. I'm not against spending money - I have spent on this game as much as an AAA Game costs - around 60$. I will also buy the next battle bass - and that is more than enough already. Devs deserve it and it is as if I have bought the game, no more, no less.

4. Are you even concerned a bit about that if we (the people who spent less) leave you will have no one to play with? Or you just do not care, because you will move to the next game and spend the same amount there?

Message 5 of 6 (242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@warslagHonestly I haven't thought specifically of the type of events that need to be implemented in the game, because this part is quite tricky. I imagine events more as a general content related participation thing on a weekly basis than challenges.

Challenges usually feel like grinding and are quite boring. For example: "Make 10 kills with Mozambique" - this will be no fun at all believe me. People would get pissed at something like this - it has been implemented many times before in other games and the result have been always the same.

That's what I think of course. If challenges with rewards are to be implemented I would definitely do them, but only the cool ones and will skip those who are nearly impossible or not fun.

----------------------------------------------

Edit:

The player base is just huge. Around 50 million players, may be more, may be less - who knows? But it's a fact - we have a huge community and you can't keep such large numbers of players interested only with the FPS part of the game. More complex features are needed.

Message 6 of 6 (234 Views)