Re: GUEST ACCOUNT FOR FRIENDS

by 51enzio27

Original Post

GUEST ACCOUNT FOR FRIENDS

★★★ Newbie

steam has the option to stream games from one lan computer to another and play as guest to main account, as long as the lan ip remains the same. having friends or non gamer fam wanting to play but having to create/download accounts/games on temp basis is LEGACY AND PROPRIETARY. however $30/year to play the best EA has to offer is quite a deal, so a guest login could either:

cost 5-10 extra

forced to stream and be named guest Soccer ball or other variant

*for security guest account connect to real ea account 

(abuse idea for 1 guy 2 computers playing 2 characters, require participation {movement} or other authentication options )

require same gateway address (lan ip address) obviously force guest account be on lan

THOUGHTS?

Message 1 of 3 (1,141 Views)

EA DICE Team

@51enzio27

Hey there,

We've added the ability to refer a friend to Origin Access Basic:

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/origin/origin-access/origin-access-refer-a-friend/

Now your friends can join you to play any games in the Basic Vault during a LAN :-)

Message 2 of 3 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this slightly defeats the point, lets assume my friend has origin already, or i already have the game and we only want to play battlefield 4 together... would he be able to play with my save data or have to reinstall the game with his equipment? ( i love your setup i really do but i was simply seeking a {GUEST} profile, plays my save, doesn't keep progression data, can simply click guest and enjoy your amazing service, maybe poll the community about a $5 option to purchase guest privileges? LIFE IS SHORT and 60 gb for an epic game is a long time to wait Wink 

thank you for the quick response, i look forward to a guest login button to pleasantly make my day

--Matt 

Message 3 of 3 (1,108 Views)