Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: GM3 What's the point?

by AI_AB_AI

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@Arreyanne 

Obviously, there is a reason and that reason is increased legendary drop rate.

Does that necessarily mean it's worth the time and effort compared to lower difficulties? Not necessarily... but it actually is better to farm GM3. 

I have had 4 legendary drops in the daily trio of legendary contracts on GM3. I've never had that much luck on GM2 in the weeks before I started doing GM3 for everything *except* strongholds. 

Since I can solo legendary contracts, legendary missions, and everything else besides strongholds, there's no reason *not* to do GM3 as a first choice other than potential loneliness (with the exception of strongholds which can take over 45 minutes with a solid group on GM3). 

Unfortunately, only my Ranger is 788 with 4 different synergy builds. My other javelins are in the low 700s with their best builds. Since I want to get upgrades for all of my javelins while I wait for new content, it's not as easy to solo GM3 content if I don't play my Ranger. 

My biggest complaint right now is that there aren't enough people playing GM3 content and that means I end up soloing in GM3 too often and it's less fun because of the time it takes to solo and the frustration when you die on GM3. 

If I started matchmaking into full teams on GM3 difficulty, I would be much happier. 

Message 21 of 27 (163 Views)

★ Apprentice

@AI_AB_AI 

It's possible that the best teams (both gear synergy and player skill) could consistently defeat GM3 final bosses in 15 minutes, but you aren't likely to meet those conditions in most groups and you won't know for sure if your group is solid or not until you reach the boss... in which case it's too late to do anything about it. 

Typically, as long as no more than 3 freelancers die at a time in a full team, the stronghold final bosses are probably going to die in 20 minutes or less. The problem is that many people are geared for maximum damage instead of focusing on survival. If you get a full team of glass cannons, you may have your fair share of squad defeats on GM3 stronghold final bosses... The reason it can take 45 minutes is because of multiple squad defeats. Even the best players still make mistakes from time to time. 

Also, your 15 minute estimate is totally arbitrary and you can't really quantify what a "solid group" is. 

Message 22 of 27 (152 Views)

★★ Guide

@shifter_6x wrote:

@AI_AB_AI 

It's possible that the best teams (both gear synergy and player skill) could consistently defeat GM3 final bosses in 15 minutes, but you aren't likely to meet those conditions in most groups and you won't know for sure if your group is solid or not until you reach the boss... in which case it's too late to do anything about it. 

Typically, as long as no more than 3 freelancers die at a time in a full team, the stronghold final bosses are probably going to die in 20 minutes or less. The problem is that many people are geared for maximum damage instead of focusing on survival. If you get a full team of glass cannons, you may have your fair share of squad defeats on GM3 stronghold final bosses... The reason it can take 45 minutes is because of multiple squad defeats. Even the best players still make mistakes from time to time. 

Also, your 15 minute estimate is totally arbitrary and you can't really quantify what a "solid group" is. 

We can defeat the Monitor within 15 minutes if I play with friends. I can defeat the Monitor in 20 minutes with any random player or a group of random players. Their skill does not matter, all that is required from the team in this case is to keep at least one member of the team alive.

If all but one member of the team have died the only task for the team member that is alive is to stay alive until others respawn. This team member should not even try reviving others unless in ultimate.

Message 23 of 27 (135 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even though one can run GM3 solo, I have spent almost zero time doing so. For its grind factor and time GM3 is not rewarding enough to commit too. Freeplay is okay but everything else is tedious. 

Message 24 of 27 (124 Views)

★★ Guide

@sickchocthunder wrote:

2 x GM3 Strongholds, and a cluster of purples, with a couple of masterworks that suck 

Yeah ill be rushing back to play that again!!

GM3 hours of grind for the same rewards as GM1 sprint through! 

#WhatsThePoint 

you could ask the same about the game in general..

Message 25 of 27 (121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tbh I'm actually loving the game atm

Think my frustration is mainly around the lack of legendary drops.  The fact that they are pretty rare for me  and when I do get them  they're duplicates.

All the available legendary gear available and I drop repeats  

I'd like to play GM3 more  I feel I'm at that stage, but I'd like to play it without getting butt *  

But I can't do that unless I drop decent gear  not a barrow load of purples and blues  

Like I keep saying  chicken and egg  

Need to get legendary gear to play GM3   need to play GM3 to get legendary gear  and while I'm under levelled it ain't easy 

Message 26 of 27 (111 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Update: I was actually wrong. I have just completed HoR on GM3 with randoms and the Monitor fight took 12 minutes.

@AcKilleeZ wrote:

Even though one can run GM3 solo, I have spent almost zero time doing so. For its grind factor and time GM3 is not rewarding enough to commit too. Freeplay is okay but everything else is tedious. 

GM3 is the only option as soon as GM2 stops offering any challenge.

Message 27 of 27 (93 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help