Re: GM3 What's the point?

by Affelainen

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@sickchocthunder wrote:

On the whole I'm loving Anthem  

Been a dedicated Destiny fan since day 1, but gotta admit Anthem is swayed me quite a bit  

GM3 for me is emptying my entire arsenal into each enemy just to kill it, quite grindy to say the least 

Hours of play for something I can get in a fraction of the time on lower levels, no point  

I agree GM3 is challenging  but until I grab more legendary items  not got many yet  it's probably higher than I should be playing  

But unless I drop legendary items I will never get higher to play 

Chicken and egg 

if you got 746 gearscore gm3 freeplay should be pretty easy, and its in freeplay you get most lemons, gm3 strongholds are simply not worth it because of the big bulletsponges at last stop.

90% of my lemons has dropped from regular random mobs in gm3. so im staying in there, and as previous poster said, its simply to easy to be any fun in lower gms, when u cant combo before the mob is dead its a total snooze. 

Message 11 of 27 (233 Views)

★★ Guide

loaded up free play GM3. killed 10 enemies and got a lemon. think ill try this again :D 

Message 12 of 27 (228 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Liamt75 wrote:

loaded up free play GM3. killed 10 enemies and got a lemon. think ill try this again :D 

GM 3 freeplay is the go for loot. I find the other players on your map eventually tend to come together which makes it a snack to slaughter your way to lemons.

Message 13 of 27 (209 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is no point to GM3. THey just uppped resistances and HP for mobs and Said, "Oh my we did good."

Message 14 of 27 (200 Views)

★★ Guide

yeah i used to do that but freeplay seems to be a lot more people on there own these days. i guess below GM3 its easy enough to solo everything 

Message 15 of 27 (185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Some great feedback  looking like GM3 free play is the place to be  

I do like the matchmaking /working as a team in Strongholds (providing people work out how to use the REZ option lol)

As far as future content posts: I think we'll see some definite updates on the horizon, as from what I've read, bio are dedicated to keep this game in their investment pool 

But good work takes time  and waiting has gotta be worth it, as opposed to receiving more buggy gameplay  

I held back from purchasing the game until it was more stable  and yes I get annoyed when servers shut down mid run  or I'm hanging on a loading screen that never happens etc. 

However, gotta say that the hate for this game is totally umwarranted  its stunning visually  

360 flight  miriads of weapons and abilities  

Definitely room for improvement re armour loot  end game play etc

Totally enjoying it, gave me a reason to turn my ps4 on again, after it'd been off for a few months with destiny as dry as the Sahara 

Keep the faith freelancers

Message 16 of 27 (179 Views)

★★ Guide

@Chi110ut wrote:
GM3 freeplay is where I have got most of my Legendary items (around 100+ at this point). I stopped doing GM3 strongholds after taking 45
Mins to kill The Monitor in a solid group. And came out with no Legendary item drops.

I still do GM3 Legendary Missions/Contracts as they are at least a bit of Challenge at 788 gear score.

I strongly believe that BioWare are currently working like mad to drop a big update in the coming months, which will include a redesigned loot system. (I hope!)

If you needed 45 min to kill the monitor then you were playing in a bad group. Solid group should take out the monitor in 15 minutes on GM3 difficulty.

@sickchocthunder wrote:

On the whole I'm loving Anthem  

Been a dedicated Destiny fan since day 1, but gotta admit Anthem is swayed me quite a bit  

GM3 for me is emptying my entire arsenal into each enemy just to kill it, quite grindy to say the least 

Hours of play for something I can get in a fraction of the time on lower levels, no point  

I agree GM3 is challenging  but until I grab more legendary items  not got many yet  it's probably higher than I should be playing  

But unless I drop legendary items I will never get higher to play 

Chicken and egg 

GM3 is mostly for priming and detonating. Using weapons is almost pointless to play GM3. Enemies die quite fast if you are using a melee build. And well, you should be at PL750 to play GM3.

Message 17 of 27 (170 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That's the issue, not dropping legendary items to achieve that number!
Message 18 of 27 (163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And then when you finally do drop a legendary ...... 

Bearing in mind I only have a few ... 

It's a fkin repeat..... 

Thats the kinda crap that puts me off

Message 19 of 27 (144 Views)

★ Apprentice

They definitely need to improve GM3 rewards to encourage more people to choose the difficulty.

I don't want "guaranteed" legendary drops on GM3, but I want expeditions to encourage GM3 difficulty to any freelancers capable of beating the content on that difficulty. I feel GM1/2/3 should be akin to a ladder where your best time vs. reward ratio results from the highest GM difficulty you can successfully complete in a team. 

I personally have no problem soloing any GM3 content with the exception of strongholds.

I would obviously prefer to have a full team for GM3 because the drop rate seems significantly higher than GM2 (and because GM2 and below is no longer challenging for me). 

The problem is that too few people queue for GM3 difficulty expeditions because they have probably noticed that you don't typically get a full team through GM3 matchmaking and it's not balanced for solo play.

It's not fun to solo GM3 expeditions because of how painstakingly long it takes and how agonizingly frustrating it is when you make a mistake and have to redo objective phases. 

I typically do everything on GM3 except strongholds (which I do on GM2) because it still offers some challenge and grants significantly higher drop rate than GM2 difficulty. 

I *would* choose GM3 for every stronghold if I could rely on matchmaking to produce full teams and replace players that quit (for any reason) regardless of how old the instance is. I realize there might be some wait time to fill gaps in the group, but since people annoyingly (and frequently) choose to quit after looting the second chest on GM3 strongholds, actually completing them depends on your group. 

I feel that it is *ESSENTIAL* for stronghold final bosses to offer a reward that would encourage *EVERYONE* to complete the stronghold on GM3 *instead* of *ever* choosing to quit the expedition after looting the second chest. That flaw was a major oversight in stronghold design because players currently seem to think that the best loot-grinding strategy for strongholds is to loot the second chest and leave the expedition rather than killing the final boss. 

I don't know of any MMO that has dungeons that people quit before finishing. Basically, strongholds are like dungeons in other MMOs and were intended to be finished. I'm sure that the designers never intended for anyone to loot the second chest and then leave the expedition. They just--for whatever reason--failed to realize that the loot reward from the final boss and the difficulty and time that it took to beat them wasn't worth the time it took.

I also can't remember the last time I got a legendary drop from the final boss. I recall multiple occasions where a legendary dropped from a random trash mob or the first or second chest in a stronghold. I just can't remember ever getting a legendary from the final boss of a stronghold...

Message 20 of 27 (210 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help