Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: GM2+ stronghold rushing?

by SuperBadPixelMan

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't get this either.

I was doing some GM2 runs of Tyran Mine last night, and there was always one guy that tried to rush EVERYTHING. This like skipping mobs in tunnels, not going after the extra mobs that spawn "off the beaten path", or holding onto the last relic until all the mobs are dead in the egg room. This happened on multiple runs in a row (different people).

If you're in GM2, or GM3, there's really only one reason you're there.  To get legendary drops.

All mobs have a chance to drop them, so the more you kill, the more chances you have.  Legendaires don't JUST come from the chests or the boss.

I know some people think they're saving time by rushing, but they're really wasting their time more than anything.

Let's say the boss has a 10% chance of dropping a legendary, and each of the small mobs have a 0.5% chance.  Killing just 20 small mobs will give you the same chance of a lengendary as the one boss mob, but the small mobs can be killed way faster, especially if your whole team is working together.  It's just stupid to rush past them.  It's barely a few minutes of extra work to get so many more chances at legenary drops.

Stick with your team, kill EVERYTHING!

That's your best bet at getting legendaries.

Also, don't be a douche and go into GM2 if you're under 600 gear score, you'll just waste everyone's time and I kinda feel like there is some code in the game that will actually reduce your chances of getting a legendary drop if you're a low gear score - so trying to get carried through GM2 isn't going to help.  It just makes you an a-hole.

Message 11 of 46 (229 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree that people shouldn't rush through.  I've gotten most of my MW's in the Tyrant from trash mobs in the tunnels.   The problem is bad game design though.  Players CAN rush ahead and force everyone else to teleport to them, so they WILL.  The game should err on the side of the person who is last in the group, or at lease gate players so they cannot force others ahead, as with doors that only open when everyone has gathered, or when the majority has been gathered for a certain period of time.

Message 12 of 46 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@W2RD-1982 wrote:

I agree that people shouldn't rush through.  I've gotten most of my MW's in the Tyrant from trash mobs in the tunnels.   The problem is bad game design though.  Players CAN rush ahead and force everyone else to teleport to them, so they WILL.  The game should err on the side of the person who is last in the group, or at lease gate players so they cannot force others ahead, as with doors that only open when everyone has gathered, or when the majority has been gathered for a certain period of time.

The problem with that is, that if one guy is afk, or just distracted, or decides to kill every mob by themselves, the rest of the team is stuck waiting for them.

Message 13 of 46 (217 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This is true, which is why the legendary contract and missions actually have the best drop chances for MW and legendaries since there are more affixed enemies (elites / Legendaries / Apex) that have improved rarity drops if they do drop items (which is why luck stat is important).

The reason they do this is because youtubers told them to do this when the power level difference on components was more similar... GM3 took too long so rushing GM2 was better, but this is outdate and it was also wrong to begin with.

What's better spinning a slot machine with greater odds for winning once every 5 min, or spinning a slot machine with less odds for winning once every 1 min? Unless you know the odd difference you can't know what's more efficent.

I also don't like people wanting loot showers... I see a shower and go "Great, a mess to clean up, and sort, and evaluate... This is going to cut into my game time..."

Message 14 of 46 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@OdysseyHome wrote:

What's better spinning a slot machine with greater odds for winning once every 5 min, or spinning a slot machine with less odds for winning once every 1 min? Unless you know the odd difference you can't know what's more efficent.

I also don't like people wanting loot showers... I see a shower and go "Great, a mess to clean up, and sort, and evaluate... This is going to cut into my game time..."

It's more about time spent vs loot gained.

Rushing through GM2 doesn't give you any advantage over killing everything, because you're still killing the boss and getting the chests, but you are ADDING extra chances at loot by killing stuff.

So in effect, you're spinning the big payout slot machine as usual, but you're taking a quick sidestep to play some other slot machines with a lower chance of winning.  Even if the chance of winning is really low (which I'm sure it is), you're still getting more chances (rolls) with each kill.  Considering how much time it takes to kill trash, I'd say it's worth it.

I agree with the loot showers though.  That would just ruin the game.

I don't mind it the way it is right now.  It should be hard to get legendaries, they are the end game items right now.

I've had a week where I got absolutely nothing, and I've had days where I got 3 in a single stronghold (once).  That's RNG for you.

Message 15 of 46 (198 Views)

★★ Guide

Y

@SuperBadPixelMan wrote:

@W2RD-1982 wrote:

The problem with that is, that if one guy is afk, or just distracted, or decides to kill every mob by themselves, the rest of the team is stuck waiting for them.

Yes, of course thats a problem.  There is always a problem.
Message 16 of 46 (193 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Geibla 

The first of is the devs have to add a loading screen's tip that SCREAMS to you about killing each mob in SH whould cause legendary drop. So dont miss them.
Or remove teleport. That usually * off threee other players affected by selfish rusher. In tyrant's mine its outraging.
@AI_AB_AI 

Im loooking for players who wish to go through SH's in the way it meant to be - by killing each mob. Dont you mind if ill send a request?

Message 17 of 46 (185 Views)

★★ Pro

While I don't like to rush through, people that do are perfectly entitled to. While some people don't use fire on iced enemies, others are perfectly entitled to. No one here is obligated to play the way that you or I do or don't. What makes any of you think you have the right or even the expertise to tell someone else how they should play the game? We all have ways that we like to do things, it doesn't mean its right for everyone else. If you don't like playing with others there are a plethora of SP games out there.

When in a group, I do what the group does, if someone rushes ahead and gets everyone ported, too bad, we can complain about it as many have and then we wait to see if any changes are made based on the complaints. I haven't seen any changes in regards to this yet so I assume EA/Bioware doesn't see it as a priority. I don't see the sense in continually complaining about something that has already been put forward. All we can do is wait and see if it gets changed and remembering its always going to be the case that someone gets happy, someone does not.

Message 18 of 46 (181 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@gortessoth wrote:

Worse yet are the people that use fire weapons in GM2 on CC'ed enemies (turrets especially) after they've been locked down with ice getting 1-2 people killed...over and over and...

LTP

As a Colossus i do this all the time on Turrets, Hunters, and enemy Colossus (enforcers? I forget)

It's a great tactic.  Freeze combo, Fire combo, Freeze combo. Dead

It nullifies the combo timer and keeps them locked down

It's what makes Ralners Blaze so awesome when equipped with Voltaic and Solvent Green

And since that turret / mob will now be targetting me..i don't see how this could possibly get anyone else killed. 

Works 100%, only danger is from other mobs.  Even if other players detonate my primer, at worst it makes the fight slightly longer

Message 19 of 46 (150 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The real problem is people not standing in the effing middle on the plate to speed up the process so we can move on to the next section, instead they're running around killing spiders in an area that no enemy will ever drop any loot because no one has seemed to figure out that those mobs aren't coded to drop anything besides ammo and armor.  STAY ON THE PLATFORM, FREELANCER!  FFS.

Message 20 of 46 (146 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help