Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

GM2 Legendary Contracts = False Advertising

by nk125

Original Post

Highlighted

GM2 Legendary Contracts = False Advertising

★★★★★ Apprentice
Should be called Purple Rain Contracts - Have they re-nerfed the loot rate?

Ran 3 on GM2 apart from the purple rain apart , only 4 MWs (3 of them guaranteed)
Message 1 of 7 (219 Views)
Highlighted

Re: GM2 Legendary Contracts = False Advertising

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anthem = False Advertising.

Message 2 of 7 (209 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@nk125 wrote:

Ran 3 on GM2 apart from the purple rain apart , only 4 MWs (3 of them guaranteed)

I find there is little variation in loot drop rate between GM1 through GM3. I ran GM3 Freeplay for 2 hours and got 1 legendary after killing multiple enemies. I than ran free play GM2 and after a good 2 hours I got 1 legendary. I than ran GM1 and do to being able to kill enemies faster I was able to get 2 legendary after 2 hours. 

I than ran Stronghold GM1 and GM2. After 4 attempts I ended up with 3 legendarys. GM1 I got 2 and in GM2 I got zero legendary. 

I ran a bunch of contracts at GM1, GM2 and GM3; it didn't matter which level I ran I only got MW gear, even with killing multiple legendary enemies with increased drop rate for MW and legendary gear. These enemies dropped mostly epic gear. 

As a FYI, I run my storm with 170% luck currently. I find Strongholds as of late to be better for legendary drops with Freeplay being 2nd place to get legendary drops. Contracts are mostly for getting MW gear from my experience. I still run contracts as I want more support luck as I find as I raise that the inscriptions on the gear and my drop rate for legendary both go up. 

Message 3 of 7 (197 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MEBengal2001 wrote:

@nk125 wrote:

I find there is little variation in loot drop rate between GM1 through GM3. I ran GM3 Freeplay for 2 hours and got 1 legendary after killing multiple enemies. I than ran free play GM2 and after a good 2 hours I got 1 legendary. I than ran GM1 and do to being able to kill enemies faster I was able to get 2 legendary after 2 hours. 

I than ran Stronghold GM1 and GM2. After 4 attempts I ended up with 3 legendarys. GM1 I got 2 and in GM2 I got zero legendary. 

I ran a bunch of contracts at GM1, GM2 and GM3; it didn't matter which level I ran I only got MW gear, even with killing multiple legendary enemies with increased drop rate for MW and legendary gear. These enemies dropped mostly epic gear. 

As a FYI, I run my storm with 170% luck currently. I find Strongholds as of late to be better for legendary drops with Freeplay being 2nd place to get legendary drops. Contracts are mostly for getting MW gear from my experience. I still run contracts as I want more support luck as I find as I raise that the inscriptions on the gear and my drop rate for legendary both go up. 

Agrred, I run Storm with 90%+ luck 760 power (mainly legendaries but crap build due to stacking any yellow due to the power boost AND luck) and run HOR rat run (If all 3 others go to boss I do boss otherwise leave) on GM1/2 - All legendaries so far from GM1 (nothing from GM2).Tried GM3 and was just painfully slow for what seamed like no reward.

Problem with GM2 you often get an underpowered build or 2 and you end up having to carry the person, compared to GM1 its very easy to carry 1 or 2 players without loosing any speed.

Am not blaming those players but there should be min power levels for the GM content not just recommended levels

Message 4 of 7 (178 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I got one legendary in one of the epic contracts once.

Doesnt matter to me since its stated the missions are supposed to be tougher then regular contracts, cant remember seeing anything about more legendary loot tho? 

I might be in the wrong tho.

Message 5 of 7 (175 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

That’s so funny. I’m trying to gear up ranger and storm, and  I’ve been seeing so much loot on gm2 it’s hard to go back and play gm1 now. Believe I ran 2 gm2 contracts yesterday and had 4 masterwork drops. 2 on gm1 yielded purples.

Message 6 of 7 (171 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Problem is due to a broken progression system, Masterworks (unless god rolls) are as useless as purples

Message 7 of 7 (118 Views)
Twitter Stream