G7 SCOUT

by X_jab12_x

Original Post

G7 SCOUT

★ Guide

For the longest time I refused to use the G7 Scout unless I had to. Now I'm using all the time it's a wonderful semi auto rifle. It's almost like the hemlok in single fire but better I feel like. Opinions???

Message 1 of 12 (674 Views)

Re: G7 SCOUT

★★★ Guide

just use alternator with 2x scope way better then g7 :D do alsmost same dmg and its full auto

Message 2 of 12 (669 Views)

★★ Pro
@X_jab12_x the bullet drop is so painful to see for a sniper rifle Frown
Message 3 of 12 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I think most people don't really 'get' the G7 at all.  It's not supposed to compete on a shot-for-shot basis with the longbow/TT, which is why it fires MUCH faster than both of them.  If I was bringing someone new to the game I'd tell them to use it in a similar way they would the R301 and that might get them into the right head-space for the gun.  The DPS on it is absolutely insane if you hit your shots, and its so accurate the only way you'll miss is if you actually miss or if you're ranging your hipfire incorrectly.

A lot of younger players seem to have a huge issue with bulletdrop in FPS games and I can only guess that it's because they've never experienced it in the capacity we did playing games like BF1942/Vietnam or DeltaForce2 where practically every gun you used was like a mortar, as well as being able to use - actual mortars.

^That last part isn't directed at anyone in particular : it's just one of the most common complaints about the G7 and it's something I don't have an issue with is all.

Message 4 of 12 (643 Views)

★ Guide

@bosourd wrote:
@X_jab12_xthe bullet drop is so painful to see for a sniper rifle Frown

I dont use it to snipe, use the long bow for that. I use it for close combat, like I said to me it's a semi auto rifle. I don't view it as a sniper.

Message 5 of 12 (626 Views)

★★★★ Guide

G7 is more of a DMR than sniper........the same with the Longbow (reversed tho).....

It's good for medium range in, devastating close range if that's your option.......but not a sniper in any real sense of the word.....

Message 6 of 12 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DrenMadre G7 scout is garbage , to even think this is a good weapon at mid range you’re deluded and probably get melted a lot trying to take on someone with a R301 or r99 with a crappy g7 even with all the attachments on it
Message 7 of 12 (569 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SethCurry wrote:
@DrenMadreG7 scout is garbage , to even think this is a good weapon at mid range you’re deluded and probably get melted a lot trying to take on someone with a R301 or r99 with a crappy g7 even with all the attachments on it

Never said it was better than a 301 or 99.....or even a Hemlock or Prowler.......

Just saying it is not a sniper, it's a med range in weapon.....

I'll carry one early game until I come across something better......then it's gone as fast as I can get rid of it...

Message 8 of 12 (555 Views)

★★ Guide
@X_jab12_x I find it deals with other snipers pretty well sina you can out dps them pretty easy. If they miss just one shot with the longbow they have absolutly no way to win against G7. And of they take cover G7 just get stronger the closer you push.
Message 9 of 12 (531 Views)

★★ Guide

g7 scout has too much bullet drop, otherwise it would be op as hell

Message 10 of 12 (511 Views)