Future javelins.

by HahaLolGL

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Future javelins.

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

First of all i'm stoked for the game. (i feel like i should make this clear)
also a little sad we won't be able to play today ):

Anyway, i've seen a few videos from youtubers claiming that future javelins and content will cost money. This sort of bothers me considering Bioware/EA already said it's a live service and All the future content will be free. Except for micro transactions. (which is fine i really don't understand the outrage by the cost of cosmetics.)  

So, 1 will the future javelins cost money.

2. Is there a posibility that future content will cost money as well? 

Thank you in advance and hope to see you guys in game (:

Message 1 of 9 (299 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Future javelins.

[ Edited ]

Caveat:

Paying for Javelins was originally a 'maybe'.

It was 'story content' that was originally 100% free which doesn't rule out Javelins.

But Casey recently said:

"Our ongoing delivery of content, features, and story comes with the game at no extra cost."

https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/1091021717567361025

And Javelins are 'content'.

So extremely likely, probably free (probably)

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (281 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Guide

1. No

2. No

Bioware stated it very soon after announcement that there will be cash shop. But cash shop will have only cosmetics, and all future content will be 100% free.

Message 2 of 9 (288 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Caveat:

Paying for Javelins was originally a 'maybe'.

It was 'story content' that was originally 100% free which doesn't rule out Javelins.

But Casey recently said:

"Our ongoing delivery of content, features, and story comes with the game at no extra cost."

https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/1091021717567361025

So extremely likely, probably free (probably)

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers.
Message 3 of 9 (282 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I would imagine that before an entirely new 5th Javelin was fleshed out that Bioware would instead create more mods/components/abilities for each of the Javelins that already exist, sort of like how Bungie make new skill trees with the Guardians.

That said, a support focused Javelin would rock (to me) in some sort of end-game focused dlc content Standard smile

Message 4 of 9 (261 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for all your answers! Standard smile
Message 5 of 9 (221 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I think thats a matter of opinion, rather than fact. I expect javelins to have a cost. That could change if the cosmetics sell a ton, but creating all that free content you spoke of costs money.

Message 6 of 9 (209 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

People forget that Bioware said "No Season Pass" which was huge for me since the cost of these is getting out of hand along with the $120-$250 Special Editions. And Future Content will be free. However....some are complaining there might be "Cosmetic & Other items For Real Money".....

I  along with about 40+ Million other players play Warframe which is a Free To Play where basically all their income comes from their Market Place...cosmetic, weapons, gear and yes even the Frames (Characters) themselves. If you want to spend $20 or $200 it's up to you but a majority don't mind since pretty much everything from expansions to DLC to new Frames keep coming at no-charge. I have zero problem throwing in some money 'At My Choice' compared to being forced to buy a Season Pass in order to play the newest level, mission or map. 

Message 7 of 9 (179 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Personally I am not against them adding cosmetic content for RLF money, I think it is a great way to earn funds to keep working on the game, but ONLY cosmetic content 😉

Message 8 of 9 (170 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
No, they shouldn't have a cost, as javelins are content and the core of the game as well.

When someone tells me "all future content will be free" it should be "all future content should be free" Don't make it oke for others to go back on their words.
Message 9 of 9 (156 Views)
Twitter Stream