Future 'Mass Effect' game

by SofaJockeyUK

Original Post

Re: Future 'Mass Effect' game

★★★★★ Guide

Aaand for those who chose half organic half synthetic option ... then everyone who survived should be ready to appear in Andromeda since they are immortal if they synthetic? Standard smile ... all together with the reapers and everything hehe :eahigh_file:

Message 11 of 23 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly I love the Mass Effect Series but I'm not very big on online play. Alot of the online gaming communities can be very toxic so I rather play a single player game. So Bioware employees if you ever read these forums, know this I'll not buy Anthem and your complete fumble of what was truly an awesome premise in Andromeda makes me leery of touching any of your games again. EA you are a sad company that strangles a developers love of their creations and make these beloved companies turn good franchises into trash just because you know all, when you really don't.

Message 12 of 23 (1,571 Views)

★ Pro

Here are a couple other ideas:

7) Parts of the backstory of Aria, Drack, Wrex, or Aetheta

8) Rothla

Message 13 of 23 (1,527 Views)

Hero

@fudgietroll wrote:

7) Parts of the backstory of Aria, Drack, Wrex, or Aetheta

I'm still a little bummed that we never got a chance of reuniting Wrex with Aria. Their shared history is very interesting. (Maybe that's why Aria didn't trust Shepard to bring friends in the Omega DLC.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 23 (1,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

From Casey Hudson's recent blog post:

And yes – we hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you’ll really like – we’re just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while…

We already knew they were working on a new Dragon Age game, but this also implies they're doing something Mass Effect related.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 23 (1,492 Views)

★ Novice

Mass Effect Andromeda 2 

hopefully through the story of Ryder, but if we need a new human protagonist, fine. 

Our colonies are failing. A faction of Quarians are here and are choosing to become exalted as it means they can life without suits. Kadara is “under control” but is outlaw central and they know it. 

We have to find the Jardaan and request their help 

but they split apart as they were running (scourge and Kett) is they don’t have contact with angara or remnant, and they don’t know who we are. 

Batarian squadmate with contacts on Kadara.

doesnt have to be that exactly but it definitely needs to be Andromeda. No prequels. 

Message 16 of 23 (1,476 Views)

★ Novice
Sadly I don’t think we will get anything but a sequel to Andromeda would make me so happy
Message 17 of 23 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Guide

I honestly, highly doubt they will do a ME game and even if they do, as EA said, 'Single Player games are dead' and even though they are insanely wrong, all they care about is their profit margin, so they will do what they want to make profit and if it means make a half-assed game for MP only, they will, making a story takes too much effort for them, they prefer paying little and making big......they expect to make profit with little to no spending.

They clearly are highly idiotic, but that is just my opinion.

I say Single Player is NOT dead and if they would make the Single Player properly, people would love it more, but nope, they take short cuts and wonder why people complain and games fail.

Message 18 of 23 (1,446 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How about a new trilogy from an Asari perspective? Each game would take a span of 400 years, basically from hero's birth to death "with a question mark".

Could deal with immortality, genetic mods, inter galactic travel, time travel, where all the bad guys have to work with all the good guys to save the universe, etc..

Bioware would have to create a 1000+ years story line, which would be so interesting :-)

Message 19 of 23 (1,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@fudgietroll wrote:

5) ME4: The Galaxy is struggling to rebuild after the victory at Earth, but without Shepard and the Reapers to unite them old scars are tearing apart the fragile new alliances, and past mistakes come back with a vengeance. Play as a Specter trying to keep the peace, a colonial soldier seeking independence, or a merc out to build a personal empire. Find resources and allies, and tip the delicate balance of the galaxy to save the council worlds or tear them apart.

This idea is what I also think the next game should be, in fact its what MEA should of been in my opinion.

I think Bioware should first make a remastered original trilogy. Its something many fans have asked for and its could be a gauge for Bioware to measure interest in the ME series.

I also think it was a mistake to leave the Milky Way galaxy for Andromeda, taking players away from a rich lore of history and the places we love such as the Citadel and Tuchanka. The next game should be set after the Reaper War, 10 years or hundred whatever but could start after the Sol ME Relay has been rebuilt and the player leads a team into a very different galaxy to either promote humanitys dominance or reestablish council authority. 

It could also include many of the concepts that were cut out of or watered down in MEA such as setting up outposts etc

Message 20 of 23 (1,384 Views)