Re: Future Data Transfer Concerns (Battlefield V)

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Future Data Transfer Concerns (Battlefield V)

★★★ Newbie

As most of you may be aware, the PlayStation 5 will be releasing later this year... At least that's what they are telling us. And upon release of the next gen console, Battlefield V (PS4) will most likely TRULY be losing support from the developers as Battlefield V PlayStation "V" Edition takes the stage. And as much time and resources I put into this game AND as much as I enjoyed it, I don't really want to start from square one. Is there any way I will be able to transfer the data I have on my PS4 BFV onto the PS5 Version when it comes out?

Message 1 of 4 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SilverTalon007 

Sony hasn't really given us any info on how cross-gen play will work but I honestly don't think you will need to worry.

Major content support for V will ene but it'll still recieve minor updates, and if the PS3-PS4 switch was any indication, we should get a near seamless transition.

They stated PS5 will backwards compatible with nearly every PS4 title (and BFV is fairly new), but just to be sure I recommend you back up your saves to the cloud to help when you pull stats from their servers when PS5 hits.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (548 Views)

All Replies

@SilverTalon007 

Sony hasn't really given us any info on how cross-gen play will work but I honestly don't think you will need to worry.

Major content support for V will ene but it'll still recieve minor updates, and if the PS3-PS4 switch was any indication, we should get a near seamless transition.

They stated PS5 will backwards compatible with nearly every PS4 title (and BFV is fairly new), but just to be sure I recommend you back up your saves to the cloud to help when you pull stats from their servers when PS5 hits.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (549 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SilverTalon007 I am pretty sure on PS5 you will be using the same progression, as everything is attached to your EA account anyways.

I wouldn't stress over this.
Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi @SilverTalon007 They will likely have a plan to transfer the progress the players have made on the PS4 as they did before with Battlefield 4
Message 4 of 4 (508 Views)