Funderdome Suggestion

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Funderdome Suggestion

Champion (Retired)

I wish there was an open area in the Funderdome Arena that allowed snipers to be more effective.  

I’d like to suggest we add a center area without so many barriers to the Funderdome map or add another map with the same feel as Colizeum (just not as big but so that the middle of the map is open and sides can be utilized to duck for cover).

I think people will eventually get tired of the same single map over and over so adding new maps would be my vote, if this idea gets considered.

Message 1 of 7 (548 Views)

Re: Funderdome Suggestion

★★★★★ Expert

One map is a definite problem. The game feels like it needs more maps already, even if I like them all. 

Also it would be cool to have the ability to observe matches as a neutral party. That may be a future plan already though.

Message 2 of 7 (542 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I do not want spectating added because it was used in Duels (1v1) in UT3 and I later found out team members would spectate their friends duels and give the location of opponents, etc.

I agree with everything else you said and if people would abuse the spectator mode, I would love it.

Nice input, as always, @Iron_Guard8 !

Message 3 of 7 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ah yeah, good point on the spectator bit. They could feed info via discord chat. I find e-sports to be a joke to put it mildly, but I still like the idea of the Funderdome being a kind of rallying point for players to play and watch others, but we'd have to do something about that possibility.

Message 4 of 7 (526 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

Ah yeah, good point on the spectator bit. They could feed info via discord chat. I find e-sports to be a joke to put it mildly, but I still like the idea of the Funderdome being a kind of rallying point for players to play and watch others, but we'd have to do something about that possibility.

I would love spectator mode.  They could add a 10 second delay for spectators, perhaps?

Message 5 of 7 (488 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just thought it would be cool to add a map with low gravity around the capture point, too.

Love Battle Arena more and more.

Message 6 of 7 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Maybe add some hazards too. Like buzzsaws, or smashers, or other obstacles that can damage/vanquish players to spice it up.

Message 7 of 7 (406 Views)