Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Frustrating stronghold farming!

by GrimmCreations

Original Post

Frustrating stronghold farming!

★★ Apprentice

I enjoy the strongholds, both the challenge and teamwork involved, however they are nearly unplayable now in GM2. I've just attempted to run The Heart of Rage 14 times in a row now, with each time receiving either "Failed to load pilot data" or spawning in to just the boss, which has zero chance of dropping legendary loot.

I don't want to complain about the stronghold farmers who are looking for legendary loot and know the boss is a waste of time, valid strategy, however I'm choosing Start Expedition, not Join Stronghold Quickplay.

For the love of the game, either give stronghold bosses a reason to complete them (chance to drop legendary loot) or make it an option to start from the beginning.

Message 1 of 9 (354 Views)

Re: Frustrating stronghold farming!

★ Guide

Or start banning the players that are exploit the game so that the honest players can play the game as intended.

Message 2 of 9 (319 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GrimmCreations 

Just curious, where does it actually say that bosses have zero chance of dropping legendaries?

Message 3 of 9 (281 Views)

★ Guide

I had legendary drop from the boss (Temple of Scar) before the 1.03 patch but not a single one since than and I have finished it about eight times more than I have done it before the patch. I guess these "chest farmers" have realized this also and I haven't seen anyone reported a legendary drop from any boss so I think it might be true.

But I can report that the boss fight might worth it at TOS because I have had two legendary drop from the spawned mobs at the" Fan Phase" in the past two days.

Message 4 of 9 (257 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Officially, nowhere. Bosses originally dropped no loot at all, but after completing over 40 strongholds and not having seen one from a boss, and hearing reports from other players that they've never found any from boss runs, as well as the massive force of stronghold farmers that quit before the boss, evidence is fairly telling.
Message 5 of 9 (233 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah its particularly jamming up heart of rage. People are abandoning heart of rage because they don't get as much loot from the second phase of it. I guess increasing the reward give us drops on the monitor or at least a chest at one of the phases. I am a completionist so I finish what i start. I don't know if banning guys is the answer. Fixing the low power level high weapon glitch would also help.

Message 6 of 9 (199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s not an exploit, it’s not cheating, it’s not griefing. It’s farming, and you can’t be banned for that. It doesn’t even matter if the last boss drops legendaries or not, I got 2 legendaries a few minutes ago from 1st chest alone on HoR GM1. They drop quite a bit from those first 2 chests. At most I’d suggest maybe a wait timer for those of us that drop after 2nd chest, but banned!? That’s just silly 

Message 7 of 9 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@KazekageTofu wrote:

It’s not an exploit, it’s not cheating, it’s not griefing. It’s farming, and you can’t be banned for that. It doesn’t even matter if the last boss drops legendaries or not, I got 2 legendaries a few minutes ago from 1st chest alone on HoR GM1. They drop quite a bit from those first 2 chests. At most I’d suggest maybe a wait timer for those of us that drop after 2nd chest, but banned!? That’s just silly 

There has to be a penalty for abandoning a team in a team play environment though, especially in an instance. Try and justify the behaviour any way you want it still goes against the grain of the gameplay. I personally don't understand why anyone would farm strongholds, you get the same loot in Freeplay with many, many more mobs to kill and for the loot to drop from, each to their own though I guess.

Message 8 of 9 (152 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

they should just make ALLL loot drop on the end boss simple as that

Message 9 of 9 (146 Views)
Twitter Stream