Re: Friendly fire?

by asukojo

Original Post

Friendly fire?

★★★★★ Guide

Am I the only one that wishes there was friendly fire 

just curious about this because I see a thread going if people upset that caustic gas slows them down and my way of thinking it should hurt you same with Bangalore and gilbrator air strike.

it is very easy for bad players to use ults as a crutch and it seems to take some of the strategy out of the game just curious if I was the only person that looks at it this way

Message 1 of 23 (651 Views)

★★★ Pro
I don't know if you were around during the launch of Fortnite BR mode or if you've played R6 siege but I can tell you with experience that friendly fire made me hate Fortnite within a day of trying it. Maybe in a game with a all adult lobby having to worry about accidentally shooting your squad mate will add some realism but in a game filled with 8yo's who wouldn't hesitate to shoot you and steal your loot or just shoot you for no reason, I really really really hope they'll never ever add such a cancerous feature
Message 2 of 23 (633 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@neillkoreyI think that with the cheating and the lemming-style game play of dropping into Skull Town, dying and leaving and just the general insanity of how a lot of players actually play Apex - I would have to say definitely not. Adding friendly fire would be pure torture.

Message 3 of 23 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Pretzelnutcake 

Never like fortnite but I play pubg and fiddle with siege from time to time I have alway preferred games with friendly fire just adds another lvl of difficulty but seems like I am the only one

Message 4 of 23 (617 Views)

Champion (Retired)

R6:Siege was just a bedlam of team killing before Ubisoft took some measures such as auto-kick to curb it. If you spoke on voice or even looked at another player you could easily be team-killed. BF2 had friendly fire and I think BF3 did as well. The difference with those games was that you had servers rented by admins and so players who misbehaved risked being banned. It was good deterrent.

Message 5 of 23 (612 Views)

★★★ Expert

@neillkorey wrote:

Am I the only one that wishes there was friendly fire 

just curious about this because I see a thread going if people upset that caustic gas slows them down and my way of thinking it should hurt you same with Bangalore and gilbrator air strike.

it is very easy for bad players to use ults as a crutch and it seems to take some of the strategy out of the game just curious if I was the only person that looks at it this way

I dunno man, sounds like a great game for trolls.

Squaddie sees you loot the purple armor at the pit, pow, shot by your squaddie

Squaddie saw you snag that gold backpack from the lootbox, POW, shot by your squaddie

I could go on like this for a while. Also imagine all the "I want solo's" players just killing off their team to play solo.

Message 6 of 23 (584 Views)

★ Pro
so if you got a prik teammate, then he just cuts you down and killed you. or a troll just to do it.
Message 7 of 23 (581 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Huntinwabits 

@Wingmannedbro 

Yeah but if people really wanted to be trolls now they could easily with caustic and his gas and I have never seen anyone do that granted team killing would happen but all you would have to do is add a temp ban if you team kill so many people 

and honestly pubg has friendly fire and team killing was never that big of a deal yeah it happened but it was not often enough to really matter 

Message 8 of 23 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

No no no. mic drop.

Message 9 of 23 (556 Views)

★ Guide

This is a can of worms you don't want opened. The crying and screaming on these boards would be deafening.

I can see it now. A band of players, 3 in a squad and 5 others go random and as soon as the game starts they murder their squad mates then suicide. No thanks.

Message 10 of 23 (551 Views)