Friendly, Atractive and Eye Candy Origin

by DannyOuter

Original Post

Friendly, Atractive and Eye Candy Origin

★★★★ Apprentice

Greetings.

I am Danny and I am very new. 

I have seen people sharing their ideas for a better intuitive and interesting Origin app experience, and fixes that is need to be made. Since I am not going to explain everything in details. because that would take me a very long post of paragraphs etc. I have gone the extra mile and share a desire I have, to experience the most intuitive Origin game application I have come up with. Home made pictures. I have took from the app itself and edit them.

Library: The library is where all the fun games that we love are right? So what about adding some fun and life images in the library backgrownd by showcasing the games you have? Fading in and fading out like a collage using the same images each thumbnail has from the game icons, like so.

Note:  Psst hey! Imagine the images fading in and fading out. Depending the games you have in your library.

Game Information: Give the same love as well in the information section of each game we have and own by adding the same image. Like so.

Note: Having static images that represent the game as a background gives life to my library! While cheeking boring information! And talking to those friendly trolls right?!  Jokes aside, this could really be nice addition.

Live News Tab: This section I find it a must have. Because the Origin application can offer another some sort of intuitive attraction while we are inside games and or only using the application without having a browser on. Or having to pause our game experience and our immersion while we are gaming. To write it in different words, I will like to express it as such. Having a intuitive live feed tab next to store with tweets feeds, youtube video feed in the moment. Without having to go out of game and the app. Like so.

Note: This is what I was trying to explain with words. Live feeds on each game from EA so everybody can actively know aside from phone notifications and or browsing notifications if by any chance, the dogs eat the cellphone and such.  As you can see, each tweeter have their own scroll to see the latest news and if you imagine scrolling down and see the same idea from the "Twitter Feed" in a different section as with "YouTube Feed" and so forth.

Imagine while you are gaming and you press shift + f1 and then the browser, edit, friend and stream pops up. Okay, now imagine that there is a new tweet and or youtube video about any type of game info, from Mass Effect Andromeda Star Wars Battlefront etc. That was just uploaded. It could be cool to have some kind of pop up window, that can indicate us that there is a new feed going on in any respected feed, from youtube, twitter, facebook you name it. You click the * + f1 and there could be and option like the others and then it could automatically opens the respected link using the browser in game. So everything can be intuitive. 

Well this is my idea for this Origin application. It feels that it's still rough around the edges. And needs some fun additions like these ones to make this application have their own character. This is what I could think about, besides perhaps any other thing, I might come and update it with another comment in this same main post.

P.s. So long, cheers and thanks. And to my friendly pathfinders. Keep watching the stars. They will take you home. 

Message 1 of 12 (890 Views)

Re: Friendly, Atractive and Eye Candy Origin

EA DICE Team

@DannyOuter

This is an amazing thread -  I've already forwarded this to the Origin team. Thanks for posting!

I'm really curious to find out what other players think Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (876 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In all honestly. Thank you @Straatford87

Here are the links for a better high quality appreciation.

Library:

http://i.imgur.com/z2uP87m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JV6bGYm.jpg

Game Information:

http://i.imgur.com/csNTz1B.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nVBgRo3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CcywRY8.jpg

Live Feed Tab:

http://i.imgur.com/M6XjCz1.jpg

Message 3 of 12 (870 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

The screenshots you shared were of Origin 9 --in Origin 10 we are starting to bring larger (and in some cases, animated) graphics to the top of the "game details page" for some of our more recent games (you can get to them by left clicking on a game in your game library).  However, it's an interesting idea to bring this to the background of the game library itself.

We're definitely aware that a segment of our user base wants more customization and personalization options in Origin.  We're looking into different ways that we might offer more of these kinds of things.  We'll let you know if and when we're able to make that happen.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 4 of 12 (863 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey there @EA_Alex. Solid!

Thanks for letting me and everybody else that will read your comment know about the upcoming changes. Looking forward to them. 

Message 5 of 12 (857 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Straatford87 @DannyOuter

It looks very good. Having Shepard as your background could motivate you save the galaxy. Standard smile I'm curious to see how dynamic background will work. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 6 of 12 (846 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder @DannyOuter

I agree that customization of the client would be cool - after all, you spend a lot of time with the Origin client when looking to play your favorite games. Why not make it feel more like home?

I do want to clarify one part though - Alex stated that we are aware that part of our user base would love to see something like this. So while we are investigating the options, we don't have anything concrete to share at this point about the if and when.

Should we have something to share, then our Origin Spotlight initiative would be the perfect place for us to share something like this with you.

I do want to say yet again, thanks for sharing! It's great to see your passion for Origin and our games, and to have you join in on the discussion of how we could improve your experience. I hope other players will follow your example Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (837 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It is good to know that part @Straatford87 (Origin spotlight)

Gladly to know that EA does take in consideration the "voice" of their costumers for a better experience, against bad issues and or better ways to improve visually and the functionalities to the application as a whole. Being part of a healthy mature community is not always good, but most important when the main source of all of this is well grounded to their costumers. I am all in for a better experience inside any gaming application and with the community.

I never had took a far steps to acclimatize to any way inside any community forums, but when I do (and their are far in between I can count with one hand) is because of what I have find to love/like about such place and their products. And knowing that there is such platform to give ideas and work as a "unit" to help out in by a little. I always do the further step for that type of behavioral enjoyment and satisfaction for the better exception.

P.s. So long and Thanks. :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 12 (827 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DannyOuter

Thanks again for being here.. Standard smile

If you have any further comments about how we can improve the community experience for you, then feel free to share those as well.

Message 9 of 12 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hey no problem. @Straatford87. Like I can help in some way.

I surely will come up with something as time goes by.

I have an idea that might be some what good? Depending how this might be seen.

You know,  in each forum game here in EA's site. Like "Mass Effect Andromeda EA Q&A forum" "Battlefield 1 Q&A forums" and so forth with each product.

Don't know if you guys have though of it, but it will be some kind of interesting experience, to have in each respective forum from each respective game, a live chat. Where everybody can interact on the fly. And not only rely on forum topics. Like this examples.

Something that I was wondering for a more interactive forum as well. Standard smile 

P.s. By the way, I am experience some kind of bug each time I try to edit my post. When I click submit, in some weird way, it deletes it. It happens not often, but it does.

Message 10 of 12 (796 Views)