Friend gets on for the first time since Season 5.

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Friend gets on for the first time since Season 5.

So I'm showing him Olympus.. Having a good time first drop of course is rift. I jump through the blackhole and tell him to join me.. I come out the blackhole into caustic gas and tell him not to join me.. Well it's too late.. As I leave going back to Rift. He lands in the caustic gas and starts to get lit up.. I say just jump back in jump back in.. He proceeds to jump in the rift on the other side ends up on the other side of the map. And guess who's waiting for him on that end? Another squad!

Okay 1st round of the new map down. He never wants to go near the phase runner again... Ever.. 

Round 2, I take him to Solar Array, that goes fairly well.. Had a nice round, no win but we got some kills..

Round 3, I take him to Bonsai because I mean who does not love caustic heaven?! He mains Wattson, so it should be good fun. Unfortunately he does not know where to place fences, so it's pure chaos. We manage to survive then I show him the tridents.. 

Round 4, I drop to estates, now he has no idea this is the new Skull Town.. 2-3 seconds before hitting the ground.. Oh I forgot to mention, this is the new skull town so uh, good luck.. Apparently he never wants to drop there again. 

Rounds 5, time for the grow towers! I told him the buildings rotate. We get into a shootout, something is wrong with the game, my controller has drift or something. No no it's the buildings rotating. NO my  sight is drifting off targets, my controller has stick drift. No, the buildings are rotating, they spin... "oh"...

Round 6, we get into a trident.. I can't resist so I drive off the map making him think we died.

Round 7, have you fallen off the map yet? Why have you not jumped off the map?! I did it a solid 4-5 times the first 24 hours. "I have really good situational awareness" Yeah I think I do to, but you can't see over the walls bunny hop them and death.. 

Round 8, We are going to the big red building of death. If he does not fall off the map here, he won't fall off the map any place. I fall off the map and he has to respawn me.. I make the mental decision to not drop there again.

I'd say it was a fairly good first day back. What am I missing that he needs to experience?! 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 21 (421 Views)

Re: Friend gets on for the first time since Season 5.

Hero
@DarthValtrex Show him how to make teams choke. Get in Trident and straight pull up on people. I did this for a game we took out enough people where we all had 10 or more kills. Most choke when it happens also knowing when to jump off to achieve this is vital also. haha

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 21 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrexEstates is not, and I repeat NOT, skulltown. It’s more... Repulsor or Artillery. That other tower district is Skulltown!

Did this in 2 games tonight as I didn’t feel like shooting... Well first time octane drove... it was going laggy, ppl at starship enterprise thingy near docks. What does this * do... park the trident in the middle of the street while enemies shoot at us from 50m... I pick up the trident, drive towards the other side and need to pick off 3 ppl on my own basically cause octane is useless...

We did not win that round...

Next one, perfect display of trident + caustic traps. I tell the ppl what to do even tho we managed to survive estates by clearing all squads, 2 more come... clear those 2 as well... finally we did some shenanigans which I’ll upload in vid section...

But yea 2 wins back to back with 2 random teams. Felt good for once. 

Message 3 of 21 (412 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex That is awesome. Did he like it overall?

Also what is the big red building of death?
Message 4 of 21 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]

@E9ine_AC Good point, going to have to get @hayhor to join us. I did it unannounced to my squad one time was driving with the gas bags on the trident found a squad jumped out.. My teammates were about as panicked the enemies I did it to.

@Koochi-Q True it's not quite skull town. But it has Skull Town vibes.

@hayhor Yeah so far he likes the map and everything.  The red building of death, it has the red roof kind of near the waterfall.. I forget the name of it. It has a ton of holes you can fall off the map. I've jumped off the map more times there then I can remember. Update it's energy depot. That place is death and gives me nightmares.

Message 5 of 21 (384 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Haha I avoid that red roof place as much as possible.

Also I've started to want to use tridents as I feel like they are lucky. My team got a win tonight with me driving my gas powered machine into teams twice during it. 🤣
Message 6 of 21 (376 Views)

@hayhor I like to use them most people don't. Maybe we can do it in duos and see if we can get some good content. I'm down for rushing squads and jumping out. The chaos that happens is epic. I wonder if I can launch smoke from one? I smoke em and you gas them.

Message 7 of 21 (373 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex That works. The best thing I've seen is one is horizon and I'm caustic. Horizon sucks them in and I gas bomb.
Message 8 of 21 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Yup, did that today, but the thing is, I don’t trust anyone driving tridents so I usually drive, but when I’m solo-q’ing it means I only put gas barrels and can’t do ult... so I have to jump off but at that point I obviously shoot and don’t throw ult.

When it’s with hayhor... he usually drives so I can do my horizon ult but he has to jump off xD. @hayhor we should let ferrari drive xD he has the name for it
Message 9 of 21 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex you're missing the player to player experience! Make sure to:

A. Leave once you get downed.

B. Knock him off a ledge and steal his loot.

C. Compete with him on a hot-drop for loot by landing in the same spot he does.

D. Let him die once downed while you're looting.

E. Be toxic and passive aggressive at every opportunity, ESPECIALLY when he does any little thing that you don't like. 

F. Spam ping that you need to be revived or respawned. 

G. Get upset that he got to a care-package drop before you do.

H. Whine you want the item from said CP and then immediately go down doing absolutely nothing with it.

I. Grab a sniper rifle and let him push and die while you sit back uselessly.

J. Be hyper aggressive and push every single fight and then get mad he's not with you after you don't ping you're going to fight.

K. Get mad he's too close to you.

L. Get mad that's he's too far away from you.

M. Never communicate with him for the entire match, then once you two get eliminated screech into the mic that your team is holding you back.

N. Use mic only for insults never for actual comms.

O. Pick the Legend he wants to play and then leave immediately. 

P. Go AFK. Constantly. Never tell him why or even tell him you're AFK. 

Q. Hot-mic and just do the nastiest crap you can think of. Fart in the mic for all I care, sure why not, courtesy is already out the window.

R. Have an argument with your mother with the mic on.

S. Complain the entire game about how you're really good at the game and the team is just holding you back, but do less than 200 damage while your friend has 500-1000+.

T. Don't ping anything at all. 

U. Grab a Trident and speed off without him.

V. Grab a Trident and do that thing where they get close and then you back up so they can't get in.

W. Kill him with the Trident.

X. Ping something that he needs, grab it, and throw it over the edge of the map.

Y. Belittle him constantly for no reason at all.

Z. Queue up with another friend and talk to them only and exclude him at every possible opportunity. When he dies, don't recover banner, and then passive aggressively bemoan that randoms are garbage.

Can you tell I've had a very long day? You don't need to! I'll tell you. I've had a VERY long day. 

Message 10 of 21 (339 Views)