Friday Night Tournaments - A Blast from the Past

by EA_Jason

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friday Night Tournaments - A Blast from the Past

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello FIFA Mobile Fans!

It's time for another version of the Friday Night Tournaments, and this time we are traveling back in time to play H2H with some of the greatest Icons that football has ever seen. ⚽

In previous tournaments some of you were only able to play one or two matches with the team that you created and I want to change that.

We'll go again with Round Robins, where you will play against all other opponents or at least part of them (it all depends on how many participants that we get).

Based on the Tournament Score and Goal difference we will determine the winner!

Registration: Reply to this thread before Thursday at Reset Time (UTC) and be sure to mention your in-game username, OVR and League. The matchups will be posted on Friday and the tournament ends on Monday at reset time. 

socialBanner_RetroStars.jpg

(image from Retro Stars in the previous season link)

Requirements

• At least 4 Icons/EoE players in your squad.
  • A maximum of two Prime Icons per squad.
  • 2 matches vs the same opponent (or two, depending on how many players join)
  • Tournament Score: 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. 

Rules

• No cross spamming, at least two passes have to be made before scoring from a cross. 
  • Max 2 consecutive Skill Moves to prevent skill move abuse. 
  • No scoring from through lobs, at least two passes have to be made before scoring.
  • No cheating, obviously.
  • No corner fishing, a corner can happen but don't fish for corners.
  • No kick-off goals.
  • Avoid dead angle finesse shots.

Moderation

• If the match isn't played on time, the player that didn't show up will be disqualified. 
  • You have to post in the thread and tag your opponent if they are not online during the allocated time.
  • If you want to report someone for breaking the rules, then video evidence is needed which can be DM'ed to Jason.
  • Breaking the rules can result in the goal not being counted or being disqualified. 
Jason.png
Message 1 of 124 (1,276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Friday Night Tournaments - A Blast from the Past

Community Manager

Alright, it's past reset time on Monday and that means that the matches have been played, meaning that the result are in...

Before I share the results, I'd like to say that I had a lot of fun playing against you and that I am looking forward to the next Friday Night Tournament! I'm not sure when the next one will be, I will be on holidays for the next few weeks but I'm trying to see if I can get someone to cover for me. I'll keep you updated. 

Alright, results time. Here you can see all matches that were played and their results:

Blast from the Past - Matches.png

Horizontal line: Matches won. Vertical line: Matches lost. Orange cells: Match ended in a draw.

That means that we have our winner.. After a hard battle and winning six out of 8 matches, there is no doubt that this player belongs in the Friday Night Tournaments Hall of Fame!

Blast from the past - Rankings.png

Congratulations @ismile16 on winning the Friday Night Tournaments - A Blast from the Past! Very well deserved and hopefully we'll see you in the next one 🥳

Current standings

@FDWB 🥇Italy vs England

@avez17 🥇 Battle of the Continents

@ismile16 🥇A Blast from the Past

I hope you all had fun and if you have any suggestions for the next tournament, then I'd love to hear them. Who knows, we might go with your format next...

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 121 of 124 (612 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert
These tourneys are getting nicer and nicer. At first I thought the title referred to something like creating classic line-ups (ex: 2015 Barcelona, 2018 Real Madrid). It could be an option for future tourneys, even though you can't go too far back considering the way FM works.
Message 2 of 124 (1,264 Views)

Champion

Ign: Black

League: D12

Custom Champion Banner

*Accept as Solution button- If a post resolves your topic, smash this button.
*Me Too button - If you share the same view on a posted topic, smash this button.
*XP button - if you like a post, smash this button. This gives XP points to the poster and helps them 'Level Up'.

Check out the S05 FIFA Mobile manual

Message 3 of 124 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ign: ZombieFC 

Ovr: currently 158/398

League Elite Alliance #Goodluck Messi

Message 4 of 124 (1,105 Views)

★ Guide

Ign: AdsieBomb

Ovr: 166/412 

League: Manchester Utd Fc.

Message 5 of 124 (1,064 Views)

Community Manager

Ign: EAJason

Ovr: 165/384

League: AHQ Competitive

Jason.png
Message 6 of 124 (946 Views)

Champion
@EA_Jason Can I put in a team even though I won’t be online at the right times to be able to play … it would be like having a bye 😂

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 124 (929 Views)

Community Manager
@mendozzamagic Well you've got a few days to play matches and people are playing from all over the world, should be possible to play at least a few matches Standard smile
Jason.png
Message 8 of 124 (914 Views)

Champion
@EA_Jason Cool - then i’m in

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 124 (908 Views)

★ Guide
@juve938383 There's no fun sitting at the fence, you're just exaggerating
Message 10 of 124 (890 Views)
Twitter Stream