Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fresh HoR run (ruined by underpowered plebs and bugs)

by TomButler89

Original Post

Fresh HoR run (ruined by underpowered plebs and bugs)

★ Apprentice

So i finally... FINALLY... got a fresh HoR run. Other 3 people kept dying amazingly quick. Revived each one about 3 times each just on the first dominion force encounter after 3 turrets. 

They died as soon as we entered the titan room. Couldn't be arsed to res again so soloed the * out of that. Died as the Titan itself did, squad defeated. Respawned back in, titan dead, no chest .... oooookay.

Carried them through to echo room. This is where my legs and back start hurting. Squad wipe on fury. Then get stuck behind a fog wall... ffs! 

Those 3 nubcakes eventually leave. 3 people join... in front of fog wall while I'm still behind it. They kill fury, loot chest, progress to boss. 

I'm still behind fog wall... transported to boss. No loot. I leave, go do some freeplay events, come back, still no loot from SH.....

Why do you hate me BW? I've being supportive as * and now this!?!?!? WHY????

Message 1 of 15 (309 Views)

Re: Fresh HoR run (ruined by underpowered plebs and bugs)

★ Guide

That fog wall is the reason I dont run that dungeon. every time Ive been in it I get that fog crap

Message 2 of 15 (284 Views)

★★ Pro

@Arreyanne wrote:

That fog wall is the reason I dont run that dungeon. every time Ive been in it I get that fog crap

yup, my second MW dropped like that. Went back to Tyrant Mine

Message 3 of 15 (280 Views)

★ Guide

Do you know that you can respawn from the map screen what usually put you behind the wall close to the chest ?

Message 4 of 15 (263 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yeah tried that. Problem was all 4 of us kept getting respawned at previous checkpoint whilst one of the furies was still alive
Message 5 of 15 (251 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The fog walls have never been an issue for me and I've ran HoR probably 20 times in the past week.  Not because I want to, but the other strongholds I join are either bugged w/ no squad death option or failure to connect in so many words.  Last night alone, out of 8 stronghold completions, 7 were HoR and 1 was ToS.  Instead of name calling, might want to do some reading and watching.  The livestream updates covered the fog wall issue, stating it should be fixed with the next patch.  When speaking about the lack of skill-based matchmaking, instead of calling people garbage, try advocating for an exclusive matchmaking system.  The latest livestream talked about a ladder system - said ladder system may be the start of matchmaking improvements; for instance, matching groups according to point or time score (however they intend to release it).

Message 6 of 15 (246 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think you may have read a little too much into the post and taken it a bit too personally. 

I didn't call anyone garbage so not sure where you read that. Calling people undergeared isn't about a matchmaking issue per se. The game clearly states GM1 has a recommended score of 475+ . These 3 people were range from 262 to 350. Obviously trying to exploit the "average item level" issue to deal more damage. That extra damage has a massive side effect of having no survivability and being 1 shot by everything. 

I'm not hating on anyone or cussing out the devs. I love anthem but situations like I was placed in take the biscuit and I'm well within my rights to voice my frustration. 

Reading and watching is all well and good to see what is going to be done. But without the doing and reporting of these issues the devs wouldn't be aware of things that dont work quite right. 

Message 7 of 15 (234 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CaptUVentris wrote:

When speaking about the lack of skill-based matchmaking, instead of calling people garbage, try advocating for an exclusive matchmaking system. 

People that act like garbage deserve to be called garbage afaic.

Message 8 of 15 (226 Views)

★ Guide

This is gonna go on a massive tangent, but bear with me!

My first love was Everquest, really way, way, back. This was before the toxicity of deliberate powerlevelling and account sales (imagine that). Basically, as it worked then, you could take your high level character into a newbie zone, and drop level 50 buffs on level 1-5 characters. This effectively made them invulnerable.

Sadly, modern MMOs can't replicate this, because it was amazing. You could transform someone's gameplay for 30 minutes at the touch of a button. This was more of a reward for many people for their hours of grind than all the loot in the world.

Then, in EQ2, I did the whole life-consuming-raid-guild-main-tank thing. The greatest joy for me in this was not beating the end-game content (though that was fun), but randomly joining a group and doing an utter carry.

There's a great joy to be had in carrying, and being the overpowered hero. This is a social, rather than statistical, reward for grinding, and I think both are realised in the best games. The sad thing as per the OP is Anthem's many bugs basically screwed him over. It wasn't so much the group.

Message 9 of 15 (212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@houseofcantor - If you took a moment to think this through you'd realize that some people don't have the gear YOU have.  But that alone doesn't mean they should be denigrated for trying to game the system when it's poorly designed to begin with... 

And please don't assume that I'm one of the players doing this (Joining a Stronghold at a difficulty that is way over my Gear Score).  It's just that I'm painfully aware that 1. the number of players is dropping, 2. the average gear score is rising dramatically, and 3. My gear score isn't keeping up.  So I can imagine why someone might try this type of thing out. 

I mean drops are supposed to be better at higher difficulty levels right?  It's not hard to imagine that If I could just survive 3-4 runs I'd make out. Bad part is when the "Matchmaking" system puts 3 under geared players with one who is well geared.  Which is what the OP is describing.

What None of you seem to realize is that if the Devs don't figure this out soon Anthem is going to die.  Because everyone will either have 750+ GSs or they will give up!  And the end result is always going to be too few players to support the game.

Please Note: I am NOT complaining about the fact that I've Never gotten a Legendary drop.  I'm not complaining about the fact that I don't have complete sets of MW gear on Any of my Javelins.  But I AM Complaining about the loot system in general.  And in this case I'm complaining about the "Matchmaking" system.  Both systems, which are essential to this type of game, are "Poorly Thought Out" and at best seem pretty much Broken to me.

Message 10 of 15 (189 Views)
Twitter Stream