Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Freeplay is currently dead on arrival! and needs major changes - Here's why

by nk125

Original Post

Freeplay is currently dead on arrival! and needs major changes - Here's why

★★★★★ Apprentice

! can do a mission in 30 to 40 minutes and get 3k to 4k xp (and prob level up) and a tonnes of loot and embers so I don't need to craft (apart from consumables, but i got the embers so no problem)

I could spend ALL DAY in freeplay picking flowers and even if I am lucky to run into a world event I get nothing compared to doing a single mission.
In fact last night, there were more people in a Fallout 76 map than were on my freeplay map (And this game is so much better in every regard)

What needs to change:

1: Word Events need a huge XP and reward boost - Say 1000xp to help to complete.
2: When a World Event is occurring - MARK IT ON THE MAP and tell everybody on that map. (Maybe even allow a quick travel)
3: How about a chat facility to allow people to co-ordinate
Message 1 of 6 (126 Views)

Re: Freeplay is currently dead on arrival! and needs major changes - Here's why

★★ Apprentice

The maps only hold 4 players at a time. I'm sure they'll add some sort of chat function eventually. They said they're looking into what they can do. I also agree freeplay is almost pointless.

Message 2 of 6 (122 Views)

★ Guide

Freeplay gives players a way to solo content without specific objectives. My wife and I enjoy going out and doing some freeplay for a few minutes to warm up before tackling missions together. Not everyone is looking to level up super efficiently and super fast, some of us literally like to smell the roses along the way.

That said, I agree that freeplay needs a serious kick in the loot and xp departments. I welcome this suggestion.

Message 3 of 6 (117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thats a barmy design choice - I thought they wanted co-op play

Message 4 of 6 (110 Views)

Champion

Freeplay gives less XP relative to time. Yet, I'm not sure how much of a problem that is, given you usually do other stuff as well and will reach max lvl soon enough. Once you're at max lvl you don't care about XP.

At first, I didn't like the idea of marking events on the map because I like exploring.

But then I realized it wouldn't be much different from finding events and telling others in chat if there were a chat. We'd come up with names for events and locations soon enough to make sure everybody knew what we were talking about.

And storywise it makes sense too. Freelancers talk to their Cyphers all the time, they'd exchange events that way even if they had no means to communicate with each other directly.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 6 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think BioWare's aim is the dungeon runs and want to funnel players there instead. Probably will adjust the xp in Freeplay when enough players had enough and want something else.
Hopefully, they'll add your suggestions soon though.

Message 6 of 6 (67 Views)
Twitter Stream