Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

by WarWuChiWuGen
Reply

Original Post

Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★★ Apprentice

Is there some kind of 'stable' way to find events? Running around trying to complete my 100 world events, I've literally gone more than half an hour without a single one starting. But in several videos I've watched about farming masterworks, they've said that freeplay is the fastest way to farm them at an average of one per 12-15 minutes. That makes it feel like I'm somehow doing it wrong, since they seem to be getting the events so much more often than I am.

Message 1 of 15 (264 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★ Guide
just dont focus on those, they will come up often enough. theres also the events with the 3 grunts standing around...kill those and you get waves with a legendary mini boss at the end...drops good stuff aswell.

also remember that anything can drop everything. you get legendarys even from wildlife
Message 2 of 15 (255 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

After 26 events and murdering everything I found between point A and B, I got a whopping 1 legendary and 3 masterworks... Did they nerf loot again?

 

Edit: Literally 26, too. I started at 1/100 and ended at 27/100. Anyone else hate going all the way to the mural when we should be able to just check our stupid quest log?

Message 3 of 15 (246 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★★★ Guide

@Dbgt82 wrote:

Edit: Literally 26, too. I started at 1/100 and ended at 27/100. Anyone else hate going all the way to the mural when we should be able to just check our stupid quest log?


Yes, it's obnoxious that I had to walk around the fort just to look at counters that could just as well be in the Journal.

Message 4 of 15 (209 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★ Guide

The challenge is trackable,.

 

Under Critical Mission. Track it like anything else.

Message 5 of 15 (205 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★★★ Guide

And when you "track" it, it just tells you to go look at the wall.

Message 6 of 15 (197 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★★ Apprentice

@Dbgt82 wrote:

Is there some kind of 'stable' way to find events? Running around trying to complete my 100 world events, I've literally gone more than half an hour without a single one starting. But in several videos I've watched about farming masterworks, they've said that freeplay is the fastest way to farm them at an average of one per 12-15 minutes. That makes it feel like I'm somehow doing it wrong, since they seem to be getting the events so much more often than I am.


Yesterday morning I was blowing off some time in freeplay, found an event, got downed half way through, was dropped off at my starting point (the fort) I wasn't sure where the event I was doing was so looked at the map, there was a purple event icon on the map. Relocated and finished the event, looked at the map, there was another event not far away, did that event, looked at the map, there was another event.  I did 5 events just by looking at the map.  I was unaware they showed on the map, but this worked out perfectly!  Going to try to repeat the finding today to see if it's a thing.

Message 7 of 15 (173 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★★★★ Apprentice

@OtterChaos182 wrote:

@Dbgt82 wrote:

Is there some kind of 'stable' way to find events? Running around trying to complete my 100 world events, I've literally gone more than half an hour without a single one starting. But in several videos I've watched about farming masterworks, they've said that freeplay is the fastest way to farm them at an average of one per 12-15 minutes. That makes it feel like I'm somehow doing it wrong, since they seem to be getting the events so much more often than I am.


Yesterday morning I was blowing off some time in freeplay, found an event, got downed half way through, was dropped off at my starting point (the fort) I wasn't sure where the event I was doing was so looked at the map, there was a purple event icon on the map. Relocated and finished the event, looked at the map, there was another event not far away, did that event, looked at the map, there was another event.  I did 5 events just by looking at the map.  I was unaware they showed on the map, but this worked out perfectly!  Going to try to repeat the finding today to see if it's a thing.


I have to ask, were they all Helping arcanists with Korox studies?  Or did they fix that?

Message 8 of 15 (166 Views)

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

[ Edited ]
Champion

@2Weak2Live wrote:

And when you "track" it, it just tells you to go look at the wall.


It is also tracked under "Challenges".

 

Anthem 2019-03-16 16-40-16-06.jpg

 

When you click on it it shows you your current progress.

 


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 9 of 15 (153 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Freeplay events feel too far apart

★★★★ Novice

Seems like we need 2x more mobs and events.

Message 10 of 15 (139 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help